Eagle Boat Trailers

2/11/15 @ 1:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
muskymstr62
muskymstr62
USER since 3/10/02
I'm looking to buy a new boat trailer. I went to Cabelas and they handle Shorelander and Eagle trailers. I was looking at the eagle because the salesman said hands down this was a mush better built trailer. As far as price went he said they both were around $4000.00 for a 3500lb trailer. I was hoping to get some input on the eagle trailer. I currently have a shorelander. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 18 Posts
7/4/18 @ 1:46 PM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

Same manufacture makes Eagle and Yacht Club trailers.

Post Your Comment
7/4/18 @ 8:35 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

I see enough empty boat trailers for sale on craiglist to give that a good look.  It may take a few weeks to find what you want but often the suitable trailer will show up in time.

Post Your Comment
7/4/18 @ 6:19 AM
hook, line&sinker
hook, line&sinker
USER since 4/18/07

I have an Eagle trailer.  Fabric on boards is not very good. They do not use stainless steel bolts or nuts.  After a few years they fall apart.  Would not buy another Eagle trailer as their customer service is awful.  Most of the time they will not answer your phone call.

Post Your Comment
7/3/18 @ 5:48 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

these guys have a roller trailer for 850 lbs, otherwise used may be an option, check with some marine dealer or repair place?

www.karavantrailers.com/KKRollerTrailers.cfm

Post Your Comment
7/3/18 @ 4:09 PM
fishies
fishies
USER since 1/2/12

I'm looking for suggestions as to a new boat trailer.  I have a 14' Alumacraft fishing boat that weighs about 200 # and a 15 hp motor.  I'd like rollers so I can hook on and winch it up.  Now I have to lift it to get the boat eye past the single central roller, and I'm not getting any younger.  I've checked a couple places and it seems that they have trailers for 14 or 16' boats with capacities of about 1250 #.  Kinda heavy duty for a rig that weighs less than 350#. Also the length of an oversize trailer presents storage issues.  It seems that they no longer make trailers for small boats?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Post Your Comment
7/16/16 @ 5:46 AM
Todd Young
Todd Young
USER since 6/25/15

Eagles are much heavier duty and custom made for each boat hull. If you do much towing go with the eagle.

Muddy Creek Fishing Guides
(724) 674-3839
Post Your Comment
7/15/16 @ 2:09 PM
FISHEAD
FISHEAD
USER since 7/2/01

I have a 2003 Eagle trailer , that need some work due to operator error , I live in No. Ill. where can I take it for new carpet and guides ?

Post Your Comment
7/15/16 @ 1:29 PM
12packabs
12packabs
USER since 12/19/06

I just bought a Heritage trailer from Rock River Marine.  Heaviest-built small trailer I've ever seen...going under my 16.5' Alumacraft.  LED lights, vertical load guides, ratchet straps (integral), swing tongue, Tuff-Kote paint, aluminum mag wheels and spare, sealed vault bearings (no need for buddies)....lots of extras...cost $3150 after tax and delivery.

Fully welded, 4 bunk design (no adjustable brackets that come loose).  Trailer has a ton of stuff...just a comment, nothing more...

Post Your Comment
7/13/16 @ 4:31 PM
daleracefan
daleracefan
USER since 3/27/02

Eagle for sure! Had a shorelander before this one, no comparison.

Post Your Comment
7/13/16 @ 1:29 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12

Hooklinesinj ernie, you ever spray b siliconew on your bunks? Makes boats slide off much easier.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 18 Posts