Crestliner Fish Hawk 1750 for Winnebago

3/20/16 @ 5:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Walleye Humble Novice
Walleye Humble Novice
USER since 2/5/13
Looking to start fishing Winnebago a lot more now that kids are older. Am looking at an '02 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1750 (dual counsel) with a 90hp Merc 2-stroke. Any thoughts good & bad would be much appreciated. Wondering if this is enough boat to handle the normal 'Bago chop & also if 90hp is adequate (I believe this model was rated for 115hp back in '02). I know Crestliner makes a good boat, just not sure if I need to go up to the Super Hawk or Tournament Series lines? Thanks much in advance for any help anyone can provide.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
3/21/16 @ 5:03 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
had a 2003 1750 Fish Hawk single console with a Merc 90 on it and the 90 was plenty of motor for that rig.

got up on plane in a heartbeat, and cruised nicely and sipped gas around 2000rpm and 22-23 mph ( that's from memory, but that was the sweet spot, motor was almost loafing, and the boat handled exceptionally well ) and a top end near 40... if you are in a race, you may not win, but for most travel, that is more than enough... in my opinion... I'm sure some want to go real real fast

boat handled some big rough water as well... of course, some common sense boat handling was used...again, imo

there's my experience for your analysis

oh, and it was a great fishing platform as well!

Post Your Comment
3/21/16 @ 6:51 AM
sloshkosh
sloshkosh
USER since 3/30/04
If you were looking at the one from craiglist saturday its in my driveway Smile I fished bago in a 14 foot p.o.s. and a 16 foot mirro with a 25 horse. Watch the weather and you were fine in either of those boats. Need more than a 17.5 for that lake is absurd to me. It can get bad quick so dont fish 10 miles from home or trailer to where you want to fish instead of boating forever away.

The county landing off of A in neenah offers alot of sheltered spot to fish in any conditions. Islands, bays and curvy shorelines to block the wind.

Post Your Comment
3/21/16 @ 4:42 AM
nubbz07
nubbz07
USER since 12/31/09
I only have a 16' mirrowcraft with a 25. I feel confident in my boat out there so you should be fine. I've been out when it turned nasty and wasn't to bad.

Post Your Comment
3/20/16 @ 9:48 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
You will do fine with a 1750. Lots of boats out there that size..........mine included. Just don't be one of those yahoos who go out in 20-30 mph winds. North winds tend to build wave size so keep that in mind.

Post Your Comment
3/20/16 @ 6:35 PM
rt440
rt440
USER since 5/22/09
I have a 17.8 ft older dv tracker w/90 horse . have been on bago and have had it turn ugly. Not fun. A newer boat with bigger beam and a second source of power is kicker is recommended. I have been out in 4 foot seas on lake Michigan but bago is a naster beast kicks up even faster that big pond. If you watch weather you'll be fine but if you are like me I like to feel safer ID go a bit bigger.

Post Your Comment