SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Center Console Boat

11/29/18 @ 1:47 PM
INITIAL POST
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07
Anyone fish out of a center console boat? I think it would be great for the river. I like to stand so I can see debris, current seems, depth. I was specifically looking at the PolarKraft Outlander 2010 CC. I like the boat has no carpet, big front deck, no back deck, good storage and a CC with halfway decent seating and in a deep V. Many of the CC boats are jon boats with only one or two seats. So does anyone have any input? My other option would be a side counsel boat, perhaps a crestliner fishhawk with vinyl flooring.
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
12/11/18 @ 5:57 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

I have a friend that guides out of a center console 24ft center console boat. It is great in my opinion lots of room stable and handles great. It has carpeted decks and a nice rod box. I wish I could afford to have one AllWeld and built like and is heavy as a tank. It does allow him to get into skinny water as it has a very shallow draft and a tunnel hull.

12/2/18 @ 7:21 AM
Attabuoy
User since 2/9/18

I have a 19' Trophy and like it.  I bought it primarily for fishing Winnebago and some on Lake Michigan.  It has a pretty deep V hull, and draws about 3' with motor down and 15" trimmed up.   That might be the only downside I see for river use.  They are kinda built for open waters with fairly high freeboard.  Might be tough to get into skinny water, although I dont know anything about the model you listed. 

Mine has a decent-sized cockpit and a pretty large platform up front.  Not a ton of seating but enough.  It takes rough water well but can be a wet ride at times.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions I can answer.  Good luck with your research.

11/30/18 @ 6:11 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I went tiller for increased space.  I think I would enjoy center console over the tiller for the sake of better visibility and control.

Side console? I never could understand side consol on fishing boats.  Side console for skiing/pulling etc, that I understand as a safety issue.

11/30/18 @ 4:00 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07
Thanks for the input everyone. I fish the Mississippi 99% of the time so not too concerned how it rides in rougher water.  I've never been in a CC boat before but like the idea of it for visibility. I will make sure I test drive before purchasing. Probably won't be buying it in the immediate future, just day dreaming for now. If anyone knows of other brands let me know. I've searched all of the ones I know of and liked this model the best so far without seeing any in person.
11/30/18 @ 11:54 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I like the layout as a multipurpose boat for several seasons, but you'll get the crap beaten out of you riding that far forward!

11/30/18 @ 9:47 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

For what you want?  They would probably work pefectly!

Everyone that I've seen sets that center console up towards the back and it eats up a lot of room.  You have to walk around that thing to get anywhere.  But...if you have a good deck up front and an open rear of the boat, I think they would work nicely for just about anything.

11/29/18 @ 6:33 PM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18

I see them as nearshore/coastal saltwater as well as GL trolling boats...Or BIG rivers like the Columbia.

imo

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE