boat hard to get on trailer

6/17/15 @ 8:42 AM
ORIGINAL POST
shakey47
shakey47
USER since 7/15/05
I have a 84 sea nymph boat and shorelander roller trailer its a bear to get it up back on trailer I NOT CPOORDAITED ENOGH TO DRIVE IT BACK UP ON TRAILER it seems to me like roller under neath worn but it could be the two big battery storde in frt for trolling mtr
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
12/22/15 @ 6:09 PM
lad 8
lad 8
USER since 5/4/08
Add a pair of side guides, also agree check the rollers. Side guides made a big difference to me.

Post Your Comment
12/22/15 @ 2:27 PM
fishen_soon
fishen_soon
MEMBER since 6/24/14
I had a 1988 SeaNymph BT175 with a bunk trailer that I added UHMW strips to and side guides. Very easy trailer to drive onto. Just make sure the side guides were out of the water a little and drive her on.

Ches.

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 10:18 PM
muskie nut
muskie nut
MEMBER since 6/26/01
You should be able to tell if your rollers are bad, once the boat is launched and you take a few minutes to see if they rolls freely and don't wobble.

In watching folks at the ramp more times than not, folks put their trailers in too deep. This doesn't help with centering as the boat rides over the roller which are designed to walk the boat to the center of the trailer. Same with bonks they can't center if you ride over them. If its not working, try pulling the trailer OUT a little.

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 10:43 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Replace your rollers. Pretty easy to do. Determine what you need for rollers and tools, go to the boat launch, launch boat tie it up to shore or something, and dot he work in the parking lot. I have done things like that before.

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 9:10 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
My guess is that your rollers are worn out. My last boat was a 1990 Sylvan with a Shorelander trailer and the rollers were either worn to the point where they didn't turn or at the very least needed some lube. As soon as I did some maintenance and replacing of worn out rollers, it was as smooth as my new trailer.

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 8:01 AM
Capt. Justin Kohn
Puckaway Kid
MEMBER since 4/1/16
Rollers are good for unloading or loading a boat at a very shallow launch. Other than that bunks seem to load and unload much more friendly.

Post Your Comment
6/17/15 @ 9:56 PM
gamehunter
gamehunter
USER since 7/4/09
I had a boat with a shorelandr roller trailer and the darn thing never loaded straight...not once. It was always off a bit. I could not drive onto it. To get it as straight as possible I used to always winch it all the way up. Now I have a bunk trailer. I drive it right up and it is straight almost every time. If it is not, a little nudge to push it over straight and it is good to go!

Post Your Comment
6/17/15 @ 9:20 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
Why not just winch it up with the strap instead of trying to drive the boat on? Easy and I don't think ive ever seen a boat not end up straight on a roller trailer as long as it starts right...

Post Your Comment
6/17/15 @ 8:44 AM
shakey47
shakey47
USER since 7/15/05
al;so disabled on typing ans spelling too

Post Your Comment