Boat cover for 14' fishing boat

2/11/16 @ 11:42 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Animated1
Animated1
USER since 1/20/09
I have an older 14' Starcraft fishing boat and am wondering what the best FITTING boat cover would be? I currently have one that I purchased at Fleet Farm and made for 14'-16' boat. It does the job but I would like to find one that fits tighter and is easier to tie down. Thanks for any info on this.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
2/12/16 @ 3:29 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I agree on Lohaus, have one myself, and it is very nice, not cheap but worth it imo

this thread linked here has some other cover makers mentioned

http://lake-link.com/forums/boats-motors/discuss.cfm/123026/Custom-Boat-cover/

there were other threads on boat covers too, but not sure they're still around

Post Your Comment
2/12/16 @ 10:58 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
USER since 3/20/02
A custom cover might be cheaper in the long run. I have one done by Lohaus in Cottage grove that is going on 6 years old and still is in great shape despite being outside and on for towing all the time. Also adds some value if/when you sell your boat.

Post Your Comment
2/12/16 @ 8:32 AM
Animated1
Animated1
USER since 1/20/09
Thanks for the info.

Post Your Comment
2/11/16 @ 11:13 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
best bet, other than buying a custom cover, is to get your boats dimensions and shop the the universal boat cover offerings from various places...

get your dimensions from tip to stern, beam width, the look around... you can usually ask the vendors more info before you buy as well

I know that a poor fitting cover won't last long over a long trip ... the wind can rip some pretty sturdy looking material in a hurry, or cause wear spots where it goes over any sharp spots...

...so you will want a tighter fit over a looser fit...make sure to put a towel or something over a trolling motor, or some sort of mount to keep the vibration/wear to a minimum

good luck

Post Your Comment