MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

any one with an ULTREX

3/19/19 @ 9:18 AM
ORIGINAL POST
drummer boy
drummer boy
USER since 3/14/08

Not a fan of electric steer to slow have to look at the head all the time.I have a powerdrive that has ben laying in my garage for 12 years.I have a Maxxum on my boat now,the last 12 years.All that said spot Lock is a great feature and so is autopilot.Now we have ultrex maybe best of both worlds.Any one have one what do you think?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
3/25/19 @ 12:38 PM
s.s esox
s.s esox
USER since 12/22/14

Its the same mounting plate as the Fortrex. I can't speak to other one.

Post Your Comment
3/25/19 @ 12:05 PM
drummer boy
drummer boy
USER since 3/14/08

Thanks for the info,I am also wondering the reliabilty of it.But I think I will get one.Is the mounting plate the same as a fotrex or maxim pro?

Post Your Comment
3/25/19 @ 11:48 AM
s.s esox
s.s esox
USER since 12/22/14

Just to add to my earlier comments. I don't use the autopilot so I can't comment on that.  I run Lowrance locaters. I don't troll.  I do like the fact that I can now set the speed and hold my line without the pedal spinning like my old cable drive. I guess this is similar to the autopilot feature

Post Your Comment
3/25/19 @ 11:40 AM
s.s esox
s.s esox
USER since 12/22/14

I have had one for 1 full season. This will be my second. The spot lock really is amazing. I'm also a hard core cable drive guy and would never consider and electric. I would highly recommend it. My only concern is how durable will it be. Will it last 10 years like my ForeTrex? Time will tell. Go buy one!

Post Your Comment
3/25/19 @ 9:24 AM
dbuchmann
dbuchmann
USER since 2/17/05

I have an Ultrex and love it. I didn't get the Link model to pair with my Humminbirds for following a contour and go to waypoint which I regret a little when fishing cribs but spot lock is awesome! Won't ever go back to a different motor. 

Post Your Comment
3/19/19 @ 12:01 PM
Herb2
Herb2
USER since 12/28/18

We have 3 boats 2 with Ultrex, 1 with a 1st generation spot lock, if you can do the Ultrex, it is way to go. Can do all the features that Johnson outdoors provide. Can do the network both locators linked. The head spins in blink of eye, The spot lock holds--if you snag up you get the retriever and boat will be over that snag!! We do not use pedal much at all, can steer from locator or hand held. You tube has lots to see. This stuff is costly, but you set your trolling speed and motor does rest.

Post Your Comment