Aluminum hull repair near Waukesha

7/21/14 @ 9:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
migr8r
migr8r
USER since 2/8/11
I managed to split the keel in the front of my boat today. It's about 6" long and about 1/16" wide. The bow eye also needs to be re-secured. Anyone know a reputable place to have this repaired?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
7/24/14 @ 3:54 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
Good to hear...

Also, great that you were referred to someone who could help for a reasonable price.

Post Your Comment
7/23/14 @ 8:32 PM
migr8r
migr8r
USER since 2/8/11
Actually I called MW Marine Tuesday. They told me I could bring it to them but they'd just take it to Fountain of Youth but suggested I'd be better off going there myself. Later in the day I took it down there. A guy looked at it and said they don't do the welding and they have R and D Welding in Eagle do their welding and suggested I just take it there. I took it in early Wednesday morning and had it back a few hours later. They were great guys and did a great job at a very reasonable cost. I highly recommend them if need of welding. The Fountain of Youth guys seemed quite good and if I needed general repair, I wouldn't hesitate to go to them. I'm just glad MW and Fountain of Youth were honest with me and directed me to a welder. Both places could have soaked me pretty good if neither had directed me otherwise plus it would have taken a lot longer than a few hours.

R and D Welding

Edited on 7/23/14 8:33 PM