Alumacraft Customer Service

5/8/16 @ 10:45 AM
ORIGINAL POST
MuskyManiac5
MuskyManiac5
USER since 4/20/07

I wanted to let you guys know about the fantastic stance Alumacraft has taken for my boat repairs.

I trailer my boat everywhere, it doesn't sit in the water all summer. In 2015 we moved to Central Illinois, and therefore I didn't use the boat at all. It was in dry storage for 18 months until we could find a home.  Last month I finally brought my 165 CS home to it's new garage, and while I was getting it ready for this season, I noticed 3 nickle sized bubbles in the paint on the transom. When I broke them water came out! I contacted Alumacraft and they said it could be an electrolysis issue with improperly installed electronics or the transom is going bad.  They assigned a case number and told me to have it inspected at an Alumacraft dealer.  Friday I trailer-ed in 85 miles to my nearest dealer here in Central Illinois. They photographed the transom, emailed the photos to the factory, and then called the factory.  They also confirmed that my boat is original, that there are no aftermarket electronics installed.  Alumacraft asked the dealer if they have hull repair capabilities, which they confirmed they did.  The dealer prepared an estimate to take apart and repair the transom and faxed it to the factory, the estimate is $1,600.00. My boat is now 9 years old, and Alumacraft is picking up 100% of the cost of the repair!

I very surprised that they said it is out of warranty, but are repairing it out of customer courtesy!  

My hat's off to Alumacraft, they stand behind their products and customers!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
8/13/16 @ 12:16 PM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15

Good companys do good things...Tell everyone you know!

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
8/13/16 @ 10:24 AM
walleyeguy007
walleyeguy007
USER since 1/1/06

That makes me feel even better about the new boat I just bought! 2016 175 Competitor SPT LE with 150 Merc 4 stroke. Picking it up next week!

Post Your Comment
8/13/16 @ 8:34 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12

Nice to see a company taking care of their customers like that knowing full well the boat is out of warranty.  Hats off to Alumacraft.

Post Your Comment
8/13/16 @ 7:40 AM
MuskyManiac5
MuskyManiac5
USER since 4/20/07

I need to update this post, the dealer refused to replace my transom because it was too much work, so I trailer-ed it to Alumcraft in Minnesota on July 1st.

I picked it up from the factory yesterday. I need to compliment Alumacraft for standing behind their product! They replaced the transom on my 2007 Classic 165 CS with the new all aluminum transom, at no charge to me! Cheynne in customer service was fantastic in arranging the work and recommending to management to do this for me out of Customer Relations. I was told the new all aluminum transom is ten times stronger than the original wood transom, and no more worries of a rotting transom! The boat should last a long time now. Cheynne in customer service kept me informed of their progress along the way and answered any questions I had. Also I want to thank Gary for performing the job, and giving me a tour of the factory yesterday. The boat looks great, and I can’t wait to now get back on the water. Kudos to Alumacraft, I will recommend their products to everyone!

Any of you that have boat issues, I suggest that contact your manufacturer first. I know with Alumacraft, they stand behind their product as long as you are the original owner.

Post Your Comment
5/8/16 @ 11:28 AM
jbird68
jbird68
MEMBER since 1/24/05

That is awesome and good to know. I just bought a 2006 Navigator 165 CS. It it's like brand new condition. They are also very quick to respond to emails. I sent then an email regarding getting replacement graphics for my boat because previous owner took them off and put his own graphic wrap on it. They said they don't have decals that old but I could get current decals that actually look better anyway. I can get then at my local dealer. 

Post Your Comment