Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

I am seeking opinions from OWNERS of newer 75 Etecs. Thanks

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
3/26/18 @ 8:14 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

17wrench - Good call, I just took it there the other day and the first thing they did was give it a software update.  Hoping that does the trick, now just have to wait for open water to try it out again. 

3/23/18 @ 11:49 PM
17wrench
User since 9/2/15

In response to the gentlemen with the 90HO which is experiencing a loss of rpm.

See your Evinrude dealer as there is new EMM software which will correct the issue.

3/21/18 @ 12:47 PM
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14

115 hp Etec here. Going on year 4 no issues. Starts instantly in spring. Winterizes itself at the boat ramp after I pull it out from its last yearly trip. No oil filters/changes required...just lower unit lube (which doesn't even require changing for the first 3 years) 

3/20/18 @ 11:46 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I have a 90HO and I do have one issue that I'm taking it in for, been there since it was new.  For some reason when going wide open it will suddenly drop RPMs and slow down.  I assume the computer or something is telling it to do that, but I'll go from 40MPH to 32 and not touch the throttle.  It never sputters or anything, just powers down as if I let off the throttle.  After shutting it off and fishing a bit it will go fine again..for a while.

I still love e-tecs and assume I'll get this fixed under warranty, maybe its not a huge deal.  I'll find out shortly.

3/20/18 @ 10:37 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

I have a 75 its a 2006,blew a power head after first year,put a new power head on it.It's been good for 11years now.It reallie does get up on plane fast lots of grunt.It has 900 hrs on the new power head.It would be hard to pass if you get a 10 year warranty.

3/20/18 @ 7:15 AM
EZ
User since 7/3/01

I put a 90 hp ETEC on a Lund last year and so far so good. Have had Mercs and Yammies previously, and all have been good. Was going to go with a Yammy on the Lund but dealer suggested I take a look at the ETECs.  Went with it due to less cost with BRP incentives, 55 lbs. lighter than a four stroke, 10-year warranty, and easy winterization. Fired it up for the spring maiden voyage last week on the Mississippi in 25 degree temps, and fired up instantly, no smoke. Last year my average gas consumption was a bit over 5 mpg, about 100 hours of run time.  First scheduled maintenance is 300 hours or 3 years.

3/19/18 @ 2:15 PM
Marsh Man 2
User since 9/20/10

Highthurst - can you provide me your contact info. I've been considering buying a new motor and if you sell/install etc. I would consider talking price etc. you can always send me a messenger

3/19/18 @ 11:34 AM
Highthrust
PRO MEMBER User since 1/21/13

Not an owner but have set up and serviced many of them. Good solid motor. You may feel slightly more vibration in your boat at idle over a four stroke. But you get a lot for it. Low maintenance - great acceleration, good fuel economy, idle speed control. 

I have been recommending the 60HO over the 75. They are based on the same 3 cyl engine. The 60 is less money and you'll only see a small difference in top speed. Also the 60HO normally accelerates even better than the 75. This is because it runs a size small prop than the 70 with the same amount of low end power.

The four strokes tend to need the maximum HP allowed for the boat to accelerate well. With the ETECs you can down size and still have  great acceleration. This can save you a bunch of money if you are not a speed freak!

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE