SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

2007 115 e-tec problem

8/20/18 @ 11:57 AM
INITIAL POST
fun fishin
User since 11/16/02

My 115 horse e-tec will start and idle with no problem. When i put it in gear it will run for about a couple of seconds and then shut off like turning off a light switch. I will then restart and let idle and it will run like it should .then put it in gear and have no problem. does anybody have any idea as to why it will quit running and after a restart will run fine.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
8/22/18 @ 5:30 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Unfortunately you have to take it into a dealer.  They'll plug their laptop into it and get the error code. 

Many of the newer engines have a wealth of info that you can't find out any other way.  

Its not like the old Merc. XR6's where a guy could grab a wrench and fix most issues - sometimes you just need a dealer...

8/22/18 @ 11:01 AM
fun fishin
User since 11/16/02

New plugs were installed in spring.

8/22/18 @ 7:16 AM
BEARBOY
User since 6/17/01

time for new spark plugs .

8/20/18 @ 6:33 PM
EZ
User since 7/3/01

You might try posting on the ETEC Owner's Group.  Lots of knowledge on that site, and they all seem willing to try to help. 

Good luck.

8/20/18 @ 2:47 PM
Annes Regret
User since 7/7/11

Take it in and have it looked at. It's not normal.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE