Wyoming hunt

11/5/15 @ 7:57 PM
ORIGINAL POST
mikieb
mikieb
USER since 10/11/15
I,m just heading back from Wyoming tomorrow morning. I did pritty good. I tagged out on deer and Antilope. I got here on Sunday afternoon and only scouted the first afternoon. Monday I hunted hard in National forest west of Cody. I hunted a firmilar spot first and then in the middle of the day I Moved to a more difficult spot to get into. I saw 40 or so deer with 4-5 different bucks that I passed on. Also 55 to 60 Antilope and 80 head of elk. Also, hiking in in the dark I could hear wolves out their for the first time ever in that area. No bear sign. Tuesday. The cloud ceiling was low so I hiked out in the dark and when it got light out I was hunting in a fog. You really Needed to step on a deer to see it.... Bu the wind started blowing and it was clear by 8-9 am. In the fog I spotted a doe with two bucks chasing her... Goofy me shot the one buck I could make out in the fog... I think the other buck was bigger... But I won,t Dwell on it. I spent the rest of the day getting the deer out by back pack about 2.7 miles each way. I scouted Antilope By truck the rest of the day. Wednesday. Antilope day. Holy cow man.. A few years ago you could go out before noon and glass up 5-6 hundred Antilope Before noon.... My have things changed. I had all I could do to find 10 of them... They are really scarse south of Cody. I did locate a group do 9 out in an area that I could get in on them. I used a 30-06 with a 130 gr Barns TTSX and knocked One over at 396 yards. I loaded him whole on a pack frame and hiked him back to the truck in the snow. All in all it was a good trip. Lots of road hunters. All asking where the Bucks are... I got out of the truck and hunted from Elicited hills with my optics every day and I did see and pass on mule deer bucks every day. The whitetail deep population Has taken a big jump out here too... I did see some whitetail bucks on private landed I would not have passed up on....
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
11/5/15 @ 8:00 PM
mikieb
mikieb
USER since 10/11/15
I don,t see where my mule deer pick came though.

Post Your Comment