Wolf Attacks WI Hunter

10/1/15 @ 3:25 PM
ORIGINAL POST
JC-Wisconsin
JC-Wisconsin
USER since 4/1/05
http://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2015/9/30/worldwide-exclusive-wisconsin-deer-hunter-fends-off-wolves-with-walther-pk-380/ Sure not all over the news. Either not legit, or DNR sweeping under the rug. Wolves are friendly animals and would never hurt a human. WI also needs more of them.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 23 Posts
10/8/15 @ 6:20 PM
Brother of the brush
Brother of the brush
USER since 1/22/12
Wasn't harmed because he shot one. duh...I've heard numerous stories over the years about woofs circling houndsmen while walking dogs out of the woods. A few yrs ago my neighbor had a woof circle the woods machine he was driving while logging. It's not if someone gets hurt or killed, it's when.

Post Your Comment
10/8/15 @ 6:09 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outdoors/dnr-investigating-wolf-incident-with-friendship-man-b99591857z1-331183371.html

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outdoors/dnr-investigating-wolf-incident-with-friendship-man-b99591857z1-331183371.html

here is a link to JSonline story. This version is more down to earth.

Post Your Comment
10/8/15 @ 5:23 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Treeshark, If you can add something, please do. The story seems off too me also. As it does with the original Thread Poster JC. I've heard many times throughout my life that wolves don't want nothing to do with humans. But, on the same token, if an Alpha is teaching subordinates that attacking humans in wilderness is ok, we would have a problem with the whole pack.

Post Your Comment
10/8/15 @ 1:10 PM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09
Something about this story seems off.

Post Your Comment
10/8/15 @ 11:12 AM
wishin4fishin
wishin4fishin
USER since 7/3/06
There's a story on JS online today saying that the DNR is digging into this thinking the guy may have had other intentions...I wonder why the wolf hunting season closes early EVERY year due to filling quotas early..... Puke Puke Puke

Post Your Comment
10/8/15 @ 9:53 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
Turkeys are coming back but I think they were higher 5 years ago, at least in our area (maybe different elsewhere). The last 2 bad winters knocked them down good but this year seemed to be a real good hatch so far. Seen lots of young ones in the ditches. Used to have a flock of 15 or so but it had just been 1 or 2 for the past few years. Did see a grouse last time I was up there, flew right into the bumper of the car in front of me that was oblivious to it being there. Poof! What is that mythical creature you speak of called a robbit? Or was it rabbit? Never seen one in those parts.

Being serious though, it would be good to hear more of a report on this. Wondering if the next edition of WON will have anything about it.

Post Your Comment
10/8/15 @ 7:08 AM
DuckSlayin88
DuckSlayin88
USER since 9/13/11
SnakeSter - to relay your point, it is amazing how far north I have seen turkeys. Im sure it goes further north than this, but it is common for me to see them in langlade and oneida counties. Turkeys can luckily escape to a tree. Often deer have nowhere to hide. The turkey population truly is a cool success story.

Post Your Comment
10/8/15 @ 5:34 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
River, I'm going up to that area tomorrow and will fish around for any local info. I will say to the other guy that there is more turkeys up north than I have ever seen before. They're all over and it's like you see some every every time you go some where in the truck. I have been seeing them all over in the southern part of the state also. Turkey hunters must be having a good year. Wolves should be feasting on them unless they can't catch them.

Post Your Comment
10/7/15 @ 9:28 PM
Whistling Gull
Whistling Gull
USER since 5/2/11
Well! what else is left to eat in the north woods ? Get used to it these reports will rise in the months and years to come.

The Wisc dnr has ruined this area for years to come: no deer, fish or small game.

he11 I saw a rabbit a few months back and it was a big deal. Everything is gone except the Wolf ,bobcat, yots and bears.

Have seen 4 grouse all year and this is the grouse capital lmao

If I had not seen it for myself I never would have believed such a beautiful place and childhood memories could have turned into such a nightmare, rip Northern Wisc my tax dollars are going elsewhere.

Post Your Comment
10/7/15 @ 8:46 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
That article sounds overly sensationalist. I know thats how NRA writers write, to keep the money flowing in. Might take a few weeks but we should soon see an article with more adult like language.

Not that my tavern coversations have any credibility but I was told that there wasa wolf attack in the Eagle River/St Germain area too. Anyone else hear anything?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 23 Posts