Wolf Attacks WI Hunter

10/1/15 @ 3:25 PM
ORIGINAL POST
JC-Wisconsin
JC-Wisconsin
USER since 4/1/05
http://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2015/9/30/worldwide-exclusive-wisconsin-deer-hunter-fends-off-wolves-with-walther-pk-380/ Sure not all over the news. Either not legit, or DNR sweeping under the rug. Wolves are friendly animals and would never hurt a human. WI also needs more of them.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 23 Posts
10/15/15 @ 10:41 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03
The JS Online report forgot one thing:

"Nellessen renewed his subscription to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 4 days after the incident." Big Smile

Post Your Comment
10/15/15 @ 8:02 AM
qdmaguy
qdmaguy
USER since 6/14/10
xylitol

Post Your Comment
10/15/15 @ 6:28 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04
BrianWI,

can you site a source for the last wolf attack of a human in the state of Wisconsin?(and wiki is not a source) I am not a tree hugger by any means and I live within 10 miles of 3 documented packs (Black River Forest Pack, North Post Fort Mccoy Pack and South Post Fort McCoy Pack) and spend a lot of time out in the woods and have seen wolves on a number of occasions and have never felt threatened. I think there is alot of scapegoating and fear mongering going on when it comes to wolves. They do have a place in the scheme of things and might need a little more regulating in some areas. But to think that a wolf is going to eat your baby or snatch your child while playing in the yard is crazy. Most issues with wolves come from either dogs entering there territory and the wolves protecting their territory or from humans thinking it is cute to feed them. A few years ago, the entire Tomah pack had to be destroyed because someone thought it would be fun to feed them and they became a nuisance. I think that it all comes down to if you are that afraid of the wolf, then stay out of the woods or carry a side arm and protect yourself if you feel threatened. Just my 2 cents.

Post Your Comment
10/15/15 @ 6:28 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
It means: Shoot, Shovel, Shut up

Post Your Comment
10/15/15 @ 5:37 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I didn't hear anything or anyone who knew about an attack in Sayner area. So what does SSS mean? Is it that big of a secret?

Post Your Comment
10/14/15 @ 1:07 PM
Chokeonthis29
Chokeonthis29
USER since 9/30/14
Be careful with the SSS Brian!!! I've brought that up before and was ridiculed. I believe it was moreso due in part to 70% not understanding what it means. At least I know theres at least one other fella out there that thinks on the same page. Thanks for doing your part!!!

Post Your Comment
10/14/15 @ 12:38 PM
BrianWI_
BrianWI_
USER since 6/19/09
There is way more to the whole thing than wolf supporters want to admit. While rare, wolves will, do and have attacked and killed humans. A pack will take you down if they choose.

The DNR never gives an accurate count. There are over 1000 wolves plus a rising number of coy-wolves in WI. Deer numbers are in the toilet due to the predator load and DNR mismanagement. These wolves will spread out and conflict with humans will surely rise. They will decimate the deer herd in many areas worse than today, then move south to find more. They will eat more farm animals and kill more dogs. A human, likely child, death will occur, count on it.

Wolves don't fit in WI in such numbers anymore, not if we want huntable populations of game animals. Bringing them back was stupid. The real answer at this point since political activist judges stopped the hunt?

SSS.

Post Your Comment
10/12/15 @ 6:52 AM
JC-Wisconsin
JC-Wisconsin
USER since 4/1/05
"Estimated, there were about 500,000 wolves and about 5 million people at the time of European discovery. That's one wolf per ten humans. With no Walther PK .380s to boot. Yet, the human race survived. I think we'll be OK."

Yep, human race survived. But if a wolf kills your kid you may have a different outlook.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wolf_attacks_in_North_America

Post Your Comment
10/11/15 @ 7:19 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Anyone who has spent time in remote alaska will tell you they "generally won't bother you" but generally is not always. They have and will attack humans.

Post Your Comment
10/10/15 @ 5:55 PM
Brother of the brush
Brother of the brush
USER since 1/22/12
There's probably more woofs on the planet now so whats your point?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 23 Posts