Wisconsin Buck harvest trend numbers or graph

12/3/14 @ 7:58 AM
ORIGINAL POST
B Fish
B Fish
USER since 6/26/10
Can anyone dirrect me to a graph or the numbers of the total buck gun harvest numbers for the last 40ish years in the state of Wisconsin? I am not looking for individual counties or doe numbers. I actually don't want to know the doe numbers. I would like to know what the gun buck harvest numbers for the State have been during the period of time I have hunted. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
12/3/14 @ 11:26 AM
JC-Wisconsin
JC-Wisconsin
USER since 4/1/05
Unfortunately the graph doesn't tell the whole story. A layman would say we still have incredibly great buck hunting if they look at the graph of total buck kill. What you don't see is the % success for antlered bucks on the graph (I am too lazy to graph those numbers - but they are available), and the total numbers of bucks in the early years were predominately from the north as there was yet much of a herd in the south. The buck kill in the northern region would show a different result that the graph that was generated. Those numbers however are not readily available on the DNR website.

Post Your Comment
12/3/14 @ 10:01 AM
Wilbur29
Wilbur29
USER since 10/25/13
Thanks, I just ran the numbers from the DNR site into Excel and did a graph on there.

Post Your Comment
12/3/14 @ 9:59 AM
qdmaguy
qdmaguy
USER since 6/14/10
Nicely done Wilbur...what program did you use to put that together if I may ask?

Post Your Comment
12/3/14 @ 9:51 AM
Wilbur29
Wilbur29
USER since 10/25/13
I also posted on the other forum.

Post Your Comment
12/3/14 @ 9:15 AM
qdmaguy
qdmaguy
USER since 6/14/10
I posted the numbers of buck and antlerless kills on the other thread you asked for them. There is no chart or graph that I'm aware of...you'd need to take the info from the DNR and put it into whatever form you want.

Post Your Comment