wild pig hunt

2/4/12 @ 4:58 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ducks forever
ducks forever
USER since 10/15/07
i would like to go on a hunt for wild pigs have any of you gone on one if so how was your experiance and where did you go?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 23 Posts
7/29/14 @ 5:46 PM
cajuncheese
cajuncheese
USER since 6/13/09
Got some pics of some good pigs lately. Fall can't come soon enough!!

Post Your Comment
4/14/14 @ 4:34 PM
cajuncheese
cajuncheese
USER since 6/13/09
Had a couple guys come down from Wisconsin to hunt pigs. Awesome hunt first evening had a young black russian boar come down the clear cut.. Nice shot at 75 yards put the hammer on them. Weather will be heating up for next few months. Hunting gets good again and open anyone interested to come down for a hunt feel free to message me for questions. Got hunt cabin right on the river in the bayou. Awesome place. Wild pig hunting is an awesome experience and would recommend it to anyone that likes to spot and stalk both bow and gun along with experience awesome food and culture.

Post Your Comment
10/6/13 @ 6:06 PM
cajuncheese
cajuncheese
USER since 6/13/09
ihookem- I wish all my bow hunts ended up like that but that was a rare morning for me!!! Thats whats fun about hunting... you can go for days without seeing anything (been there plenty of times) Then it all can happen and unfold in a matter of minutes. Guess thats what keeps making me want to head out and enjoy the outdoors. Good luck guys on your hunts!! cajun Big Smile

Post Your Comment
10/5/13 @ 9:12 AM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01
Cajuncheese, I don't see that much game all season sometimes.

Post Your Comment
10/3/13 @ 7:03 PM
cajuncheese
cajuncheese
USER since 6/13/09
Back at it down in the swamps of Louisiana. Opening day of deer season. Got out to my little "honey hole" and even before light I heard some wild pigs feeding behind me. As it got light outside I saw a doe come down the trail. Since I was on the ground she busted me and bounded to about 40 yards. I shot just underneath her. About 15 minutes later I saw some young pigs come down the trail. I shot the 1st hog perfect and dropped in its tracks. The other 2 stood around wondering what happened and I got another shot on a black one. I hit it a little far back and made some crazy squeels. As it was running away I saw movement to my right and out came a nice looking bobcat. I drew when he was behind a tree and made a perfect shot. He ran about 10 yards and dropped. Since I was out of arrows I figured that was enough for the morning. All lasted about 1 hour. Great day in da swamp!!! cajun Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Post Your Comment
8/29/13 @ 8:56 PM
cajuncheese
cajuncheese
USER since 6/13/09
Getting ready for some pig hunting in the deep south in a few months. Did some scouting and have seen plenty of sign. Making sure my bow is sighted right in not looking forward to get "treed" by one like last year. Oct.1st will be first week of the hunts. Message me if anyone would be interested on a hunt. I have a few weekends still available. CAjun

Post Your Comment
7/7/13 @ 7:26 PM
cajuncheese
cajuncheese
USER since 6/13/09
Getting that time of year (or close to it)... Like to give those wild piggies a few months off before we go out after these awesome elusive, great eating animals. Just picked up another bow for my elk hunt in September then headed to the swamps pig hunting... Anyone that would like to come down and hunt them message me. We took several guys out last year for the "cajun" experience and it was awesome.. Best time is October thru February... Would love to put some guys on some and experience this unique type of hunt- Cajun

Post Your Comment
10/30/12 @ 8:12 PM
cajuncheese
cajuncheese
USER since 6/13/09
Well got out to the swamp this past weekend and actually got out a little late but for once it actually paid off. I headed towards my stand when I was walking thru a clear cut when I heard some twigs breaking. I got behind a tree and watched around a dozen russian boars come out and feed. I took a shot at the lead one and let out a squeel and ran into the woods. About 75 yards later I found him laying. Great hunt! - Cajun

Post Your Comment
10/7/12 @ 8:48 PM
cajuncheese
cajuncheese
USER since 6/13/09
Few more pics!!!!

Post Your Comment
10/7/12 @ 8:46 PM
cajuncheese
cajuncheese
USER since 6/13/09
Headed out to swamp for first pig hunt of the year. My friend came down from LaCrosse. We had a blast. Great food great action and lots of fun... Had a few opportunites but wind was not right. We ended up stalking up on 4 pigs.. a few crazy colored ones, a black one, and a white one with few spots. The closest one made the wrong turn!!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 23 Posts