What age class and score?

12/15/15 @ 3:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Scoutjw
Scoutjw
USER since 12/15/15
I have been chasing this guy since 2012, I have several pictures of him over the years. This is the best one. Once I get him on a camera in a certain spot, I'll never get him again. I had 2 encounters with him while on stand, couldn't make it happen though. This buck haunts my dreams at night! Never seen him while on stand this year, I do have poor pictures of what o believe to be him in the wee hours. Central oconto county, private land thick, thick cedar swamp is his home! Very hard to hunt. Any pointers, thoughts would be appreciated!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
12/16/15 @ 8:59 AM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
I will just say stay after him. I have seen some of our older deer become brazen in their older years - say past age 5 or 6. This past year a buck at least 5 spent most of his time in a draw between 2 larger woods. The draw was anywhere between 10-30 yards wide and 500 yards long. Very huntable. Prior to that he was in the cedar swamp. He was shot this year during the rifle season, but could have been shot during bow if we hunted him a bit different than we did.

Post Your Comment
12/15/15 @ 5:51 PM
Scoutjw
Scoutjw
USER since 12/15/15
Perch thriller...No they have been all anywhere from sept.- end of January. I had a pic of him on Nov. 15 this year, it was the only one. Last year twice, once in September and then again end of January. I am chasing this guy on 280 acres, mostly thick cedar swamp, about 60 acres of tillable... Corn, beans and about 60 of oak ridges. I had my chance on Nov. 4 2013 at first light, let's just say it didn't work out. I have several encounters with him, just haven't been able to capitalize. i could go on and on about the encounters. I believe I am a very hard, but smart hunter. I only chase them with a bow. I can't help but feel I have educated him, but where do you draw the line? All I can do is keep after it, hopefully a little wiser thanks to the folks here. .

Post Your Comment
12/15/15 @ 4:07 PM
perchthriller
perchthriller
USER since 7/14/09
are the pictures are the same time of year?

Post Your Comment