Venison processing fox valley

11/2/18 @ 3:30 PM
ORIGINAL POST
pwrproscremin
pwrproscremin
USER since 8/4/08

Looking for a venison processing shop that makes great venison hot dogs.  I used to always go to silver Creek in Oshkosh but they stopped processing venison last year.  Thanks for the responses.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts
11/13/18 @ 11:41 AM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02

Louies finer meats in cumberland.

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 2:30 AM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

So not fox valley but a good place in Washburn county? The place we have used closed up shop. Thanks

Post Your Comment
11/12/18 @ 10:22 AM
badgerstatehunter
badgerstatehunter
USER since 2/6/06

I do heavy trim on any buck I get and bring to get bologna and hot dogs made.  Pretty much everything but backstraps and tenderloin goes into trim bag on a buck.  On a doe I'll keep some roasts.  I agree, I don't care it what I get back is from my deer or someone else's.  Processed and smoked meat is pretty much the same once done.   I also couldn't imagine the work to keep meat separate through the grinding, seasoning, stuffing, and smoking process when a processor is doing many deer's worth at once.  As long as I'm not jipped in what I get back, which I've never had happen from the processor I use.  

Post Your Comment
11/12/18 @ 9:06 AM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14

I sausage out the whole deer if it's a buck.  I don't want my own back.  LMAO.

Haens is a nice place,  but I prefer the meat block now in greenville.  Waaaay better than Haens.  Nothing against Haens, but Meat Block and Maplewood are Top Dog.

As far as getting own meat back or not...most "reputable" lockers are not taking rank meat.  Paying extra for "your" meat is actually a waste of money IMO.  I don't believe you are gaining anything in quality....unless you want to guarantee you don't get some nasty old buck meat.  

Lookn',  where did you take yours?  Lemme know so I can wait on taking my stuff in.  haha

Edited on 11/12/18 9:17 AM
Post Your Comment
11/8/18 @ 5:11 PM
huntfish
huntfish
USER since 6/16/03

Maplewood meat for German Sausage. Low fat and can even fry it with eggs for breakfast!

Post Your Comment
11/8/18 @ 4:56 PM
Ross B
Ross B
USER since 9/27/11

I've always had great luck with Northwoods Meats in New London, on Highway 54 right across the street from the Pine Tree Supper Club (between Northport and Royalton).

They do great venison dogs, plus several varieties of bratwurst, delicious bologna, summer sausage, hot and mild sticks and even venison bacon! They charge $85 for processing and the best part is they have a walk-in cooler if you kill one when they aren't there, so you can fill out a slip and leave it (many processors don't offer this).

I've been using Northwoods for around 18 years now and they are very honest, too. Plus they offer European deer mounts and other extras.

Give them a call!

Post Your Comment
11/6/18 @ 8:35 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
I prefer Haens meats for hot sticks over Maplewood. But I like Maplewood better for their ring bologna & breakfast sausage. I think Haens May have a quicker turnaround time than Maplewood? Both places are great as mentioned.

Post Your Comment
11/6/18 @ 7:04 PM
WWYH
WWYH
USER since 5/24/16
Maplewood and Haen's are both excellent.  But I would have to give a nod to Maplewood for hot dogs and brats.  Been going to both for 20 years.

Post Your Comment
11/6/18 @ 4:26 PM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
USER since 7/15/05

Maplewood and Haens are both great.  Haens now does 5lb batches which is nice if you want to try different things.

Post Your Comment
11/6/18 @ 3:20 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

I freeze my trimmings and take them to my processor in late February. increases the odds I get my own meat back

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts