spring browniee and black bear in south east alaska

4/25/14 @ 8:17 PM
ORIGINAL POST
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Well the time is almost here for the big hunt. went out and did some glassen didnt see a thing but doesnt really surprise me was NASTY out. Will keep yall posted.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
6/9/14 @ 10:36 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Well spring pretty much done. Hunted long and hard saw a ton of bears both black and brownie never fired a shot. Was an awesome season. Never could get the shot on the few we wanted now time to get back fo work time to start fishing gotta make some money.

Post Your Comment
5/20/14 @ 9:24 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Update things have not gone as planned. we have seen a ton of bears around 40. only 3 shooters as we all have shot a bunch so its a bigger then the last or no go deal. good ole Murphy has been following us. Had a huge brownie a real 11 ftr at 50 yards. I couldnt get a clear shot. Got one heck of a show thou poppin teeth false charge the whole deal. Wind switched and he was outta there. Biggest bear i have ever seen hands down. One monster black that we dropped the ball on. Loaded the boat in morning hadnt gone 200 yards and there he is sitting 100 yrds away looking at us. Guns in cases bullets in packs us messing around with breakfast burritos and coffee. Yep. Turned into a Chinese fire drill. Bear walked off with out anyone putting a bullet in a gun. Fyi it was a 200 yard shot from camp could have shot him from the lodge . Third was a solid 500 blackie that we did a spot and stalk on got within 200 yards and bam, tim steps on a bog wrong and throws his knee out lets out a scream like a 10 yr old girl bear gone. Well its been real and fun guys fly out tommorow. Up to me have till the 10th for brownie and 30th for blacks keep you posted

Post Your Comment
5/3/14 @ 12:56 AM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Well gang all here. Heading out in morning for 10 days will post on return.

Post Your Comment
4/30/14 @ 11:41 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Saw one had cubs. Covered 100 miles of coast. Very slow today.

Post Your Comment