Thoughts on using Buckshot and dogs for deer in Wisconsin?

1/9/14 @ 12:21 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ShootCatchEat
ShootCatchEat
USER since 11/4/11
Not really one issue but since we can use everything else to harvest Whitetails whats the harm in allowing buckshot? What does everyone else think?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 158 Posts
5/19/14 @ 1:55 PM
mukluk fisherman
mukluk fisherman
USER since 1/7/10
i think there would be more wounded animals out there to later die from infection or whatever. IMO

Post Your Comment
4/24/14 @ 9:11 AM
meestalubba
meestalubba
USER since 1/5/10
wolf tracks look like a dog track but stretched out the long way.

Post Your Comment
4/23/14 @ 7:32 PM
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04
What Nolte said X2

Post Your Comment
4/23/14 @ 3:29 PM
Nolte
Nolte
USER since 1/12/06
Dog. Looks like it's not overly active and probably not kept in a concrete floored kennel.

Edited on 4/23/14 3:32 PM
Post Your Comment
4/23/14 @ 1:14 PM
Summers Off
Summers Off
USER since 5/9/06
Ok track experts...Big Dog or Wolf?

Post Your Comment
4/23/14 @ 9:36 AM
meestalubba
meestalubba
USER since 1/5/10
the wolf draw is a little different from bear, in that only half the tags are given by preference points. the other half everyone gets a chance. so its possible you could have lots of points and still not get a tag. also possible to get a tag every year, if you are very lucky.

Post Your Comment
4/22/14 @ 3:30 PM
Nolte
Nolte
USER since 1/12/06
Summers Off,

It is all dependent on what zone you're in for bear tags. B takes the longest and then A & D are next. Zone C seems to take the least amount of time.

As for cats, I have no idea. The tag allotment is so messed up you will probably be passing on those points to your kid after you die. The split bobcat season is a complete joke. It kills me to see how one of the greatest hunting experiences allowed in WI has been ruined.

You should be in the running for a wolf tag. Since it's a new hunt everyone who hasn't got one should be in draw for a tag. If you do pull one, do your best to fill it. I like seeing wolf tags punched. Smile

Post Your Comment
4/22/14 @ 7:52 AM
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04
Here ya go!

Post Your Comment
4/22/14 @ 6:15 AM
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04
PnY, that's a bit funny but true. Takes years of experience though. Even then it tears trucks up. I got the dents, dings, etc on my trucks to prove it. Last year on way to a tree. Told my guest not many people will drive a truck down this trail. He said, not many with drive a 4 wheeler on this trail. Still wondering how on the 2nd to last day of season last year. I snapped a 1 ton leaf spring taking out tire on opposite side of truck. Wasn't even airborne. I got a new truck this year, and really debating if I will use it. Even though it is an official Ford Bear Hunter's Edition. Will have to post a pic later as proof. You will love it!!

Post Your Comment
4/22/14 @ 4:44 AM
Dirty Jim
Dirty Jim
USER since 2/25/14
I know in zone d it's 7-8 points for bear. Bobcats who knows I have 9 points and still no tag. You should draw a wolf tag this year!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 158 Posts