No Does North of hwy29

5/29/14 @ 3:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Displaying 1 to 10 of 43 Posts
8/31/14 @ 8:18 PM
boneshredder
boneshredder
USER since 8/16/11
I personally shot 9 deer with the rifle and 3 with the bow last season, i have elected not to buy them bonus tags this year....

Post Your Comment
6/14/14 @ 6:54 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01
What's up with all the road kills

Very Simple, Does just before having their new fawns in the spring will "boot out" last years fawns. Most of the deer car killed this time of the year are last years fawns. They have been under MOM's protection for a year and have a lot to learn being on there own. The jails and newspapers would be full of 14-17 year old humans if we did the same thing Wink

Post Your Comment
6/12/14 @ 8:29 AM
JC-Wisconsin
JC-Wisconsin
USER since 4/1/05
That is correct lakeshiner. It doesn't add up, and is why the DNR biologists were either wrong back then, or wrong now for deer population estimates.

Post Your Comment
6/12/14 @ 7:57 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
Remember though, they say there were less deer back then than we have now. Wink

Post Your Comment
6/11/14 @ 8:52 PM
sassy 1
sassy 1
USER since 8/25/09
also the only person allowed to shoot of the four had to be wearing the arm band,no group hunting allowed, Cool

Post Your Comment
6/11/14 @ 8:31 PM
Brother of the brush
Brother of the brush
USER since 1/22/12
Percheye, got a good laugh out of that. I remember the party tags well. I quit counting after 20 deer a day. Yep, them were the good ol days. Now I'm lucky to see a deer every couple of days, and all we do is drives. Virtually unlimited doe tags...something don't add up...

Post Your Comment
6/11/14 @ 2:01 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01
How many remember the party tag. It took a stub from 4 licenses to apply for one. It was an application for the drawing not a sure thing. they were limited to much less than current levels of doe tags and the population flourished. So to begin with only 1 of 4 hunters even had a chance at a doe tag. When you got one you knew for sure you were bringing home venison cause you would see 50 to 100 deer a day. This was in unit 55 now I see 2 to 10 deer in 7 days.

Post Your Comment
6/11/14 @ 12:14 PM
thechief
thechief
USER since 5/2/05
"What is up with all the road kills this past month"

I think its the skeeters and deer flies after them so hard there on the move

Post Your Comment
6/11/14 @ 8:16 AM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01
The does are hungry all the time from feeding fawns. They are moving all day long cause it is nice and cool the last few days . I see them in the middle of the day. When it gets hot and the fawns can eat some on their own they will lay around a lot more, noone will see them cause it's too hot for them to move in daylight, and we will soon hear stories on L.L. how there are no deer anymore.

Post Your Comment
6/10/14 @ 10:54 PM
GROUPER
GROUPER
USER since 12/6/02
What is up with all the road kills this past month. I've never seen this many dead deer on the highway before outside of the rut. My unit was closed last year to does. This year again will help. One more after this year would be great. I spend too much money every year to stare at squirrels, I want to see deer! Maybe they need to go to a lottery system for doe.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 43 Posts