Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BearHillSportsman
BearHillSportsman
USER since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,350 Posts
TODAY @ 2:07 PM
griff n
griff n
USER since 6/17/11
Nice one (other than hide) coming to one of brothers guide's baits. Logs are 30 inches high. Brother goes  along every Thrus to help bait.Guide and him have set up a blind at 2 baits for me to film. Had a hip replaced last week, but should be ready to roll by opener. Told him it would reduce his chances and guide is ok with it so pretty pumped.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 12:44 PM
ole 870
ole 870
USER since 6/27/01

175-180

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:43 AM
Terrific_tom
Terrific_tom
USER since 6/9/08

Tall and long bear. Very hard to judge size. Steve you could have made it easier by giving us the stump dimensions. My guess is 250 and will be close to 300 by the opener.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:35 AM
Bowhunting Guy
Bowhunting Guy
USER since 5/22/18

Clearly there is something we’re missing. The long legs throw me off, but all else equal I’d say 120lb. 

Looking forward to the punchline... 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:56 AM
showmethemuskie
showmethemuskie
USER since 5/4/06

I said 115... because every bear I ever judge is smaller than my guess.  My wife says 225.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 7:43 AM
griff n
griff n
USER since 6/17/11

120 dressed,not sure what that is live wieght

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:40 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Agree, looks like a tall bear who is trying to put his feed on. That being said, I will say 210 lbs. I want to say 225, but will stick with 210 lbs. Great post!

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:15 AM
showmethemuskie
showmethemuskie
USER since 5/4/06

Big ears, pointed nose, long legs, small belly,.....  small bear.  Pictures can fool you very easily.  With nothing to gauge the size other than the bait stump, and we really don't know how big that is, i will guess this bear's live weight at 115 lbs.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:01 AM
JEYESLAYER
JEYESLAYER
USER since 2/8/06

280 pounds very tall long bear that size is decieving...I might even say 350.

Post Your Comment
7/17/18 @ 11:28 PM
BrewCrew4Ever
BrewCrew4Ever
USER since 10/27/09

120 pounds. Pretty lanky looking. Kind of an odd looking bear. I am used to seeing butterballs. That is a hard one to judge.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,350 Posts