Mule Deer in Wisconsin

11/1/15 @ 11:00 PM
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
11/18/15 @ 1:37 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
Your licence is a gun deer or bow deer license. Doesn't not specify whitetail or not.

Post Your Comment
11/18/15 @ 12:23 PM
noodlerod
noodlerod
USER since 8/10/01
In the early 70's, near Chelsea, in Taylor county, Some one shot a nice buck and when he registered it, he was fined 100's of dollars because he took a muley. My father in law told me the story. Was this a bucket of horse apple's, or true.

Post Your Comment
11/2/15 @ 9:08 AM
Northwoodsbuckhunter
Northwoodsbuckhunter
USER since 4/28/05
The DNR already told him it is totally legal because tags are valid for a DEER, and the rules don't mention whitetail vs. mule deer. They are running tests to see where it came from, etc.

Post Your Comment
11/2/15 @ 7:17 AM
Watchinbobbers
Watchinbobbers
USER since 6/30/10
Really cool. I can see the DNR wanting to check it out try to figure out if it came from a game farm or something but they should ultimately return it to the hunter. It's a unique trophy and he had no reason to be concerned about identifying which species of deer it was when shooting.

There was a story in the Wisconsin Outdoor News a year or two ago from one of the regular columnists who is a former DNR employee (probably Jim Evrard) about registering a mule deer. He said it was many years ago when he first started with the DNR.

Post Your Comment