Montana or Wyoming Elk Outfitter recommendation

6/1/15 @ 3:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Harris17
Harris17
USER since 12/14/07
I am planning a trip out west for guided elk in 2016. I am considering New Mexico (Gila) as I have hunted there in the past and it was great. The issue there is the uncertainty of a tag. Willing to wait but in the mean time, want to look at Montana or Wyoming. If any of you have had a great experioce with an outfitter there, I would appreciate your feedback. A few specifics about what I am looking for: * Archery hunt - during mid/late Sept * Budget is $6500 max * Prefer a wilderness hunt. Horses if needed but no ATV's or driving in trucks to different spots. * Am in good shape and willing to hike * For the price, I would want to be in very quality area. * Prefer a camp that has fewer hunters. Similar to the area - do not want to see hunters in same area. * Would prefer to not hunt an area that has muzzleloaders or rifle going on at same time. Thanks for any advice....
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
8/27/15 @ 7:50 PM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
Open creek is also good but not near what it use to be with the explosion of the wolf population.

Post Your Comment
8/27/15 @ 4:42 PM
1ryno
1ryno
USER since 6/15/01
Scapegoat Outfitters in Montana is a good outfit. They hunt in the Scapegoat Wilderness Area, which is connected to the Bob Marshall Wilderness Area.

Post Your Comment
8/9/15 @ 11:59 AM
maxracx
maxracx
USER since 4/14/02
MAD, PM sent.

Post Your Comment
8/7/15 @ 9:00 PM
big mac
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02
Madforlabs I would be more than happy with that type of bull elk!!!! It's NOT all about the score of an animal, to me it's more about the entire experience! Please pm me with any advice/public land/outfitters. Thanks in advance! Archery elk hunt is my dream hunt!! Big Mac

Post Your Comment
8/7/15 @ 5:09 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12
Wagon hound is very good but also very expensive. If you'll settle for a region 7 bull in the 300-330 class I know of hunts at 1/2 the price.

Post Your Comment
8/7/15 @ 4:18 PM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
Lots of good public land out there with big bulls. No need for a outfitter. If you really need one, try wagonhound outfitters. I personally have not hunted with them but I have heard good things about them from a couple guys I know that have hunted with them.

Post Your Comment
8/7/15 @ 2:21 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12
PM is on Max. Let me know what type of hunt you are looking for.

Post Your Comment
8/7/15 @ 9:11 AM
maxracx
maxracx
USER since 4/14/02
Mad, turn on your PM. I have max points in Wyoming and I too am looking for an outfitter for 2016. Please send me details. Thank you

Post Your Comment
8/1/15 @ 9:34 AM
cross84
cross84
USER since 8/27/12
check out www.m2dcamoproperties.com, I have hunted their Idaho property many times with success.

Post Your Comment
6/20/15 @ 9:48 AM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12
Do you have any Wyoming pref points? Get in touch, I can offer some feedback/

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts