marquette county hunting

11/16/15 @ 6:26 PM
ORIGINAL POST
bkroll
bkroll
USER since 12/5/11
I have property in Marquette county in Harrisville. I have been hunting this property for 7 years now. I have yet to shoot a deer here because I only shoot what I will mount. I would always see deer (bucks, does, and fawns) but this year I'm not seeing much at all. wondering if anyone else is noticing this or its just our property. Smile
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
11/30/15 @ 9:40 PM
nogg
nogg
USER since 7/4/04
I've been hunting in that area for about 15 years now and am seeing more deer the last couple years than 4 or so years ago

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 9:34 PM
flyguy329
flyguy329
USER since 1/25/06
Is marquette county near Briggsville? I heard there has been a substantial problem with deer dying due to blue tongue. Heard (cant verify as I dont know land owner) that one farm found 50 dead deer on the property as a result of this.

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 6:32 PM
codyk
codyk
USER since 4/28/02
TRetzlaff not sure where south of montello you hunt but if its near where i use to hunt, i can tell you that 10 deer were killed off 63 acres and 4 killed and 2 wounded already this year, and were not to gun season yet. There are people out there now that would never pickup a bow but now that we have crossbows they are everywhere.

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 4:09 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
I hunt in the northwest corner of the county about 6-7 miles north of Westfield. Our deer herd is in pretty solid shape still and we have several large bucks, although we have been losing several deer every year because of the wolves that are increasing in population. You guys probably have a smaller herd because that side of the highway was formerly 67A and was in T-Zone/Herd control for almost 20 years. There's a lot more public and overall pressure on that side of the highway.

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 11:06 AM
bruckmaster
bruckmaster
USER since 1/1/10
We have property between Princeton and Montello and have hunted it for over 20 years. The deer population is not what is was when we first started hunting there. Green Lake and Marquette Counties get hunted hard every year. Lots of city folks that blast away at anything brown. Puke

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 9:27 AM
TRetzlaff
TRetzlaff
USER since 12/4/09
We hunt south of Montello. We are seeing less deer as well. If you compare from ten plus years ago it is way down.

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 8:44 AM
rackshack73
rackshack73
USER since 11/27/07
I am not far from there and yes there are less deer around. I do not know the reason

Post Your Comment