MEMBER since 6/30/01
Anyone with information where they are to listen for bugels
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 172 Posts
12/3/17 @ 5:29 PM
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04

I actually heard an Elk calling this afternoon around 4pm. He sounded a ways away but it was definitely a Bull calling. I have a co worker that has caught the on his game camera a number of times the last 2 seasons. I live about 10 miles south of the Black River State Forest and 2 miles east of Fort McCoy. I feel very fortunate to have heard a bull call in the wild.

Post Your Comment
11/12/16 @ 2:07 PM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

And the corrupt wolf management situation probably got Ron Johnson a whole lot of votes . Probably a lot of Democrat votes. When Democrat liberal activist judges force unjust laws onto citizens in the USA...............the voters react. Lets hope common sense can return to these State issues and get the politics out of wildlife management for good.

Post Your Comment
11/11/16 @ 8:23 AM
Fishy1960
Fishy1960
USER since 10/15/15

Comman sense has returned to the White House Folks-Im thinking the States will have more rights to manage there problems, Trump has made that clear with education and since his oldest son is a big game hunter-I'm sure in a year or so we will see changes for the good as far as regulating Wolfs while still maintaining there presence in Wisconsin.

Post Your Comment
11/4/16 @ 5:39 AM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

It has EVERYTHING to do with states rights and second amendment. The whole wolf issue shows just how radical the left is. States should be allowed to manage wildlife. Period . End of subject. One radical judge in Maryland puts a complete wolf hunting ban on the entire country? We are sheep to allow this. 

Post Your Comment
11/3/16 @ 8:32 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

Well I guess I'll sleep better tonight knowing  that voting for a US Senator will magically give back control of the wolf population to our DNR. Amazing.  Also wasn't aware the government had anything to do with the shortage of .22 ammo. All along I had been apparently mislead to believe it was due to hoarding. Thanks for the enlightenment . 

Tim

Edited on 11/3/16 8:40 PM
Post Your Comment
11/3/16 @ 4:15 PM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

With the logic and common sense I have seen in Western wildlife management I would guess on seeing the same wolf plan from Wyoming. Those cowboys out there raise sheep , they aren't sheep. 

Post Your Comment
11/3/16 @ 2:20 PM
BeerTownFyreman
BeerTownFyreman
USER since 6/15/01

You cant bargain from a place that was determined to be a loser before. Wyoming tried it, and lost. They lost based on no management principal even before the rest was lost. There is no way anyone would let an unregulated open season on ANY animal that was just coming off the ES list. Thats a slam dunk arguement for anti's.... no management, just killing.

Bet you a nickle when this comes back, Wyomings season looks more like Wisconsins, rather than the opposite.

Post Your Comment
11/3/16 @ 11:48 AM
B Fish
B Fish
USER since 6/26/10

But guys.

The WDNR had an active plan in place (my neighbor trapped one). The Federal Judge shut it down, over ruled what the WDNR had in place. So although I certainly do not agree with many things the WDNR does, in this case we can't blame the WDNR for shutting down the wolf harvest.

Post Your Comment
11/3/16 @ 11:31 AM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

We should be looking for exactly the same thing Wyoming was looking for. When you set the bar low.......an extremely limited controlled wolf hunt........the environmentalist/anti hunting/ anti gun cartel just goes for a total shutdown. Wisconsin should be looking for a year round no limit wolf hunt the same status as coyote for wolves. It's a much better place to start bargaining from. I doubt our anti hunters in leadership at our  WDNR would agree .

Post Your Comment
11/3/16 @ 10:59 AM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

Ron Johnson is the only possible vote . And as far as doing nothing, what kind of negative PR would happen if Wisconsin , the WDNR  and the   RMEF and the other assorted sportsmans   groups involved in this just stopped with the Wisconsin elk program. Huge articles in national hunting magazines,newspapers and the Bugle. Shut it down lock stock and barrel. Pull the plug. The BRF elk stocking is honestly ridiculous. The elk are being eaten almost faster than they can be stocked, and reproduction is almost nil. And our WDNR is at the forefront of spindoctoring the real facts about the wolves true impact on elk. 

saveelk.com

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 172 Posts