Iowa bow hunting

12/9/15 @ 7:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
FLAN
FLAN
USER since 2/21/06
Hey ya'll. A friend and I are trying to put together a bow hunt in Iowa next year. We both have are pref points needed and are looking into public land. There's a small chance of some private land but it's not a Guarantee. Just wondering how many Wisconsinites on here did the Non-resident public land hunt and how it went. Thanks for any stories or tips.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
12/21/15 @ 9:39 AM
FLAN
FLAN
USER since 2/21/06
Ratoney thanks, and yes I don't expect much from this site. I hunted southern Iowa back in 2011"private land". We walked some public land down there for a back up but never hunted it. I just figured some guys might only do a Iowa hunt once in there life and might not mind sharing there hunt. I'm not looking for spots... I can find my own. I got some positive info from Iowa residents on Another site. Good luck to you.

Post Your Comment
12/21/15 @ 9:02 AM
Ratoney
Ratoney
USER since 12/11/09
FLAN, I know you are looking for info, but what did you really expect people to report? "I did awesome the first time I went down to Iowa and killed a giant, and by the way here is the directions to my spot?"

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I'm guessing because you have the preference points needed to draw, you already know a little about where to go. Finding spots to hunt is tough and trying to finds good spots is even tougher. I don't blame guys for staying quite.

That said, I'm going next(this) year in the southern part of the state. The state is similar to Wisconsin. Some land is productive and some isn't.

You might want to consider a scouting trip. Take a weekend in February when nothing else is going on to take a look around first hand. One thing I will share, if you get close to water, you'll find deer.

Good luck, Ratoney

Post Your Comment
12/20/15 @ 1:02 PM
FLAN
FLAN
USER since 2/21/06
Lots of good information here guys, thanks.

Post Your Comment