Hunting Leases

12/7/14 @ 10:52 AM
ORIGINAL POST
land man
land man
USER since 9/12/06
As you probably recall, I lease out 80 acres in Marathon county for $2,000 per year (all seasons and species). Prices in southern WI are likely to be higher, but I when I find out about a landowner who is leasing, the rates are all over the board. The lease market is not very centralized. There was a place called RAM asset management that tried to be a lease broker, I don't think they still exist. I few real estate brokers do a little of it, you can also find leases on Craigslist, etc. sometimes. It appears that finding tenants if you have land to lease is much easier than finding a lease. In central WI, there was a guy who put a lot of signs up in local bars that he was looking to lease, but I don't know if he had any success. Good Luck!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
12/7/14 @ 2:48 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01
Stangle, there is good public land all over the place!!! Just kidding. I agree though "going back in further" is where everyone else is. I always thought 20 bucks an ac. is the norm for central or southern Wis. I don' agree with y about bad public land will be bad forever though. WIth 26,000 gun licenses that were not sold compared to last year , somewhere . sometime the pressure has to let up. In Sauk I bet you pay 25-30 ac.

Post Your Comment