how many wolves did you see or hear?

12/7/14 @ 9:06 AM
ORIGINAL POST
love fishin musky
love fishin musky
USER since 3/31/05
I hunted in Clark county and heard a lot of howling before dark. During bow season I saw a lot of prints. I heard a lot of stories of others next to me seeing them. I feel this is where the deer are going and not the winter kill. Musky
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 37 Posts
5/18/18 @ 9:03 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15

I googled lakeshiner’s update mad there is an article from the Rusk county newspaper on it.  I didn’t get to read much as I didn’t feel like registering.  

Real enough though.  Suppose it was just a matter of time until that kind of behavior becomes more common.

Post Your Comment
5/18/18 @ 8:50 PM
Casedog
Casedog
USER since 10/4/11

Good tip lakeshiner there are all kinds of emails you can sign up for through the DNR! Seems like there are wolf kills a few times a week which can’t be cheap! Interesting reads from time to time 

Edited on 5/18/18 8:52 PM
Post Your Comment
5/18/18 @ 7:16 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

I haven’t heard them Howling in 2 years now. Food supply must not be plentiful enough in our area of Oneida co. Lots of deer though.

Post Your Comment
5/17/18 @ 8:39 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01

I didn't hear a wolf on 5 years. I seen a lot of  their tracks last week in Price co. though. Mostly likely cause logging has been done there , and the deer were there, and then the wolves of course so it is hard to say. I didn't see a wolf kill this spring neither. They are there though. Here are 2 pictures of wolves over the winter but think it's the same wolf.

Edited on 5/17/18 8:42 PM
Post Your Comment
5/17/18 @ 4:05 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Have not seen any sign (scat or deer parts) in central Waushara county for over a year now . 

Post Your Comment
5/17/18 @ 11:40 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

Last week or so I got an email from the DNR about a wolf that was a threat to humans.  Normally they are just reports about dogs being attacked but this was the first human related one I have seen.  Kind of interesting to get that stuff, you can sign up for the alerts.

This one said a wolf was not afraid of people even though they were attempting to scare it away.  Rusk County if I recall correctly.

Post Your Comment
5/17/18 @ 8:45 AM
clueless
clueless
USER since 10/24/04

We had a wolf by our home 2 days ago in the middle of the afternoon. Looked like he was eyeing up some Sandhills in the field. My wife heard them howling that night. First one we seen here since last fall. We have to keep a close eye on our dogs.

Post Your Comment
9/30/16 @ 10:16 PM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

A Florence County brute. 

Post Your Comment
9/27/16 @ 2:53 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10

We lost multiple deer last summer and another during the fall on our land in Northwest Marquette County.  Deer were mature does and fawns.  We found the partially eaten bodies all in the same general 250 square yard area.  We found another fawn dead Memorial Day weekend right in the middle of the main path same general area.  Location was in extremely dense cover on the way to one of my stands where we have a small path cut through.  I know we have wolves in the area because I've seen them, but we still can't seem to get them or any yotes on cam.  I haven't seen a wolf in stand in a while although I do occasionally hear them still.

Post Your Comment
9/27/16 @ 12:13 PM
Catfish Hunter Edgerton
Catfish Hunter Edgerton
USER since 7/28/14

I had a Grey and a white Wolf walk to me -- 15 yrds. while I was bowhunting last weekend, They moved off after they saw me ( I hunt on the ground )  I see wolf prints all the time, I have Deer cam video of wolfs and one with a collar from last fall in the Blackriver falls state forest area.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 37 Posts