how many wolves did you see or hear?

12/7/14 @ 9:06 AM
ORIGINAL POST
love fishin musky
love fishin musky
USER since 3/31/05
I hunted in Clark county and heard a lot of howling before dark. During bow season I saw a lot of prints. I heard a lot of stories of others next to me seeing them. I feel this is where the deer are going and not the winter kill. Musky
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 30 Posts
9/30/16 @ 10:16 PM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

A Florence County brute. 

Post Your Comment
9/27/16 @ 2:53 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10

We lost multiple deer last summer and another during the fall on our land in Northwest Marquette County.  Deer were mature does and fawns.  We found the partially eaten bodies all in the same general 250 square yard area.  We found another fawn dead Memorial Day weekend right in the middle of the main path same general area.  Location was in extremely dense cover on the way to one of my stands where we have a small path cut through.  I know we have wolves in the area because I've seen them, but we still can't seem to get them or any yotes on cam.  I haven't seen a wolf in stand in a while although I do occasionally hear them still.

Post Your Comment
9/27/16 @ 12:13 PM
Catfish Hunter Edgerton
Catfish Hunter Edgerton
USER since 7/28/14

I had a Grey and a white Wolf walk to me -- 15 yrds. while I was bowhunting last weekend, They moved off after they saw me ( I hunt on the ground )  I see wolf prints all the time, I have Deer cam video of wolfs and one with a collar from last fall in the Blackriver falls state forest area.

Post Your Comment
9/24/16 @ 9:34 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Dodo,  mostly looked like deer hair . I have found assorted  deer parts around on occasion  . Never a kill sight . Maybe some were roadkill  that ran off a ways .

Post Your Comment
9/24/16 @ 9:09 PM
daleracefan
daleracefan
MEMBER since 3/27/02

These guys were in my wife's bear bait 2 nights before she shot her bear!

Edited on 9/24/16 9:14 PM
Post Your Comment
9/24/16 @ 8:56 AM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01

A pile of what?

Post Your Comment
9/23/16 @ 8:57 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

While planting trees in central Waushara  county last weekend  I found a pile  about 150 yards off the road  in a grassy field  .

Post Your Comment
5/10/16 @ 8:23 AM
thechief
thechief
USER since 5/2/05

0 in Ashland county

0 in bayfield county

0 in columbia county

several in juneau county

Post Your Comment
4/17/16 @ 5:49 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01
I pulled my trail cam that was out in Price co. for one year. There was a few different deer. A few older does with one or 2 fawns. I got 2 bear, a few turkeys , about 6-8 coyote pics and one Red headed woodpecker. That is from April to April. I did not get a wolf and have not had a wolf on the cam in 7 yrs. I did see some wolf crap with bone and deer hair this weekend in Price co. Very little of anything except grouse. Even the Red squirrel numbers are down at least 75%. This is an ecological desert. I went.35 mi. before I came across a deer dropping pile.

Post Your Comment
1/20/16 @ 8:12 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
I didn't see or hear any in Barron County on opening weekend. I hunted my property in northern Oneida County the second weekend. Didn't see any deer or much sign for that matter. I was sitting near the swamp near legal shooting time on Saturday evening and a wolf let out a nice howl about a 1/4 mile away. Two minutes later, it let out another about 50 yards from me. Didn't get to see it but boy does that stand the hair up on the back of your neck.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 30 Posts