Group Bagging Not Allowed on Youth Tags Anymore

11/13/15 @ 4:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BeerTownFyreman
BeerTownFyreman
USER since 6/15/01
Just got word that on November 11, Wisconsin Act 100 was signed into law which prohibits the use of a junior antlerless tag under the gun deer group hunting regulation. Junior Antlerless Carcass Tags may only be filled by the youth to whom they are issued, and may not be filled by another member of the hunting party. How it should be if you ask me.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts
11/22/15 @ 7:40 PM
Chucko
Chucko
USER since 11/6/01
Sucks, but it happens. When I saved pop and beer cans to buy my first license...30 years ago, I was told not to shoot. My single shot 12 gauge was fire less so the older guys could shoot two small bucks. I was sent trudging trough the thickest brush possible so these guys could fill my tag on a deer drive. Remember it very well.

Won't happen with my son!

Post Your Comment
11/20/15 @ 7:24 PM
Torrent1
Torrent1
USER since 4/25/14
Thanks! It always brings a smile to my face when I see the pic of that kid holding that big 9pt. The pic hangs in my buddies garage since its where we always gather on Saturday n Sunday night of opening weekend to go over the days hunt and plan out the hunt on Mon-Wed!

Post Your Comment
11/20/15 @ 1:00 PM
qdmaguy
qdmaguy
USER since 6/14/10
Torrent...two thumbs up for that story Smile

Post Your Comment
11/20/15 @ 12:58 PM
Torrent1
Torrent1
USER since 4/25/14
Qdmaguy he will never hunt with me or on my property again. The only reason I maintained my composure is because his son was there. The following year my friend took his son (the a-hole's son) on the youth hunt on my property and he killed a buck bigger than anything his dad has ever killed so I felt some vindication for the boy!

Post Your Comment
11/20/15 @ 7:29 AM
GreatOutdoors2001
GreatOutdoors2001
USER since 7/5/01
"What kind of losers shoot a kid's deer for him?"

You'd be amazed and you have probably argued with some of them on Lake Link(and I'm not calling anyone out specifically on that one).

I remember shooting my first deer with a gun. We were at a family friends cottage in Waushara county. We saw 2 fawns get pushed into a marshy area to the west. 1 came out, but the other holed up. My dad and his buddy had a lot of experience getting deer out of there. They told me and my grandpa where to post up. The pushed it and the deer came right out towards us. My grandpa had tags just like I did, but he refused to shoot. On the 3rd shot I got it. I didn't have to deal with friends or relatives filling my tags when I was a kid.

In a couple years, my oldest will start. He'll get first crack at everything. I've already come to the realization I won't be shooting many does in the future as there is only so much we would want in our house and I'm sure the kids will be able to take care of it.

Post Your Comment
11/19/15 @ 9:43 PM
qdmaguy
qdmaguy
USER since 6/14/10
Torrent...I hope that guy is never allowed on your property again? I think he would have been missing some teeth if he did that to his kid on my place.

Post Your Comment
11/19/15 @ 9:38 PM
Torrent1
Torrent1
USER since 4/25/14
Qdmaguy, Last year I allowed a friend to bring his friend n son (11yo) into my property. As by law they only had one gun between them and we did a small push hoping to get the kid a shot at a deer. With my own 2 eyes I watched a pair of fawns trot right to them and stop 30yds away. The dad never even attempted to hand the gun to the kid. Instead he took the kids shooting sticks away rested and shot the bigger of the 2 deer! When we got over there the father couldn't have been more proud as he told his son how to mark his (youth antler less) tag. Then the father began to brag how he shot a 5pt opening morning he had the kid tag. Ugh I was so disgusted I wanted choke him half to death but I was more heartbroken for the little boy. I would have done anything to take that kid hunting. It still makes me mad to this day!

Post Your Comment
11/19/15 @ 12:08 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01
Lotsa losers fill youth's tags. And most likely the losers are the types that will violate the law and tell the kids not to say anything besides.

Post Your Comment
11/13/15 @ 9:27 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15
Yep, there sure were. A lot of things went on back in the day.

Post Your Comment
11/13/15 @ 7:59 PM
brews4995
brews4995
USER since 4/2/10
Back in the day of hunters choice permits kids doe tags got filled by adults quite often.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts