DNR Screws with My Daughters Bear Hunt

9/14/15 @ 11:37 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
USER since 1/19/02
contact the local biologist and explain your situation.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts
10/18/15 @ 7:47 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
Great, glad she bagged one.

Post Your Comment
10/5/15 @ 7:05 PM
Dairyland1
Dairyland1
USER since 12/8/08
Well this is good to see. I'm very happy that you and your daughter were able to tag one in spite of the DNR doing their job. Looks like this turned out good for everyone. Although I'm still trying to figure out how to go F--- myself. But I digress. It really is cool to see that your daughter was successful and that she was able to accomplish this with her Dad.

Post Your Comment
10/5/15 @ 11:06 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04
So I guess in the long run, the DNR did not screw with your hunt. Glad to see that she was able to harvest a quality bear.

Post Your Comment
10/5/15 @ 10:48 AM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
Awesome. Congrats on a great bear.

Post Your Comment
9/29/15 @ 10:18 AM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
First is it the DNR trapping them or the Dept. of Ag?

You put all your eggs in one basket and then the state did what they deemed neccessary. It sucks but it's time to suck it up and move on, are there bears coming into your baits yet? Did you set out new baits?

Post Your Comment
9/29/15 @ 8:49 AM
fishy
fishy
USER since 1/12/02
This is why I stay away from corn fields-even in the North bear will be trapped off of a farmers field-same thing with big resorts or campgrounds- bear will be trapped. Its a hard lesson to learn and I feel bad for the girl-maybe the post will help the next hunter and save them the grief. But life is full of disappointments and certainly not fair-but this makes a good life lesson if nothing else. Good luck you never know when something is going to come in.

Post Your Comment
9/28/15 @ 1:32 PM
Dairyland1
Dairyland1
USER since 12/8/08
RG

Will do.

Your last post speaks volumes. Enjoy your hunt.

Post Your Comment
9/23/15 @ 11:35 PM
Dairyland1
Dairyland1
USER since 12/8/08
I read the title of this thread and click on it thinking something was a miss. Then I read this selfishness. In reality the DNR is doing its job and by the sounds of it. Doing it well. Not trying to be a jerk but you and your daughter are only being inconvenienced. The farmer is vested to the hilt. They depend on those crops to put food on their table and cash in the bank.

DNR screwing with my daughters bear hunt. This is in definite contention for one of the most self absorbed thread titles I've seen this year. So you've got some drive time and a little money into this hunt. There isn't a person that has responded to your topic that hasn't had a hunt or a fishing trip get mucked up at one time or another. Hey a little unsolicited advice. Enjoy the time you get to spend with your daughter. Find our what your options might be and formulate a new plan if this one isn't going to work. Make some lemonade out of these lemons.

Post Your Comment
9/22/15 @ 9:52 AM
fishy
fishy
USER since 1/12/02
might be a hunter 50 miles away that has a new bear! With baiting bear its a must to have a back up or two-this happens and its not any ones fault. Keep baiting and maybe a trap shy bear will stick around and come in. The same things happen to baits-they go dry for many reasons-again back up baits are a needed.

Post Your Comment
9/22/15 @ 9:11 AM
Goosecaller
Goosecaller
MEMBER since 7/21/01
Augie is completely correct. I drew a tag in 2001 and again in 2010 in zone B. Both times harvesting quality bears. In 2010, I killed the 12th bear I saw (it was one of a few of the bigger bears) on the 3rd day of the season. We too have nearly as many bears as deer on our trail cameras. This is in Lincoln County

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts