Carcass tags

3/7/18 @ 6:57 AM
ORIGINAL POST
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

New Mexico just reinstated the mandatory requirement for carcass tags on all big game animals.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the Wisconsin legislature to come to their senses and admit they made a mistake that can be rectified.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
3/11/18 @ 5:41 PM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09

Accurate,verifiable numbers? before the new tagless no backtag rules we were told by a district warden at the southwest district Conservation Congress meeting that 10% of deer and 30% of geese are figured in as not being reported.  Carcass tags and backtags don't even slow down poachers or criminals.

Post Your Comment
3/9/18 @ 9:25 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Remember though it was a backtag  that lead the law to Vang after he shot  all those people  .  Just saying a guy in orange would not have helped any . 

Post Your Comment
3/9/18 @ 3:21 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10

I like the convenience of not having backtags or being forced to tag the deer.  I also like that I can go straight back to camp rather than taking the 15 mile detour and waiting 20 minutes to register my deer.  People that are going to break the law will break it regardless of the rules, and people that do things by the book will keep it up as well.  

Post Your Comment
3/9/18 @ 12:13 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
GreatOutdoors2001
USER since 7/5/01

madforlabs, I would characterize it more as a "get out of jail free card" than a brainstorm.  See, when you are a poacher who has trouble following simple game management laws, you just simply remove the laws so that yourself and fellow poachers can poach at will without fear of getting in trouble. 

Post Your Comment
3/9/18 @ 11:22 AM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

Read my previous post FISH:

"accurate, verifiable harvest numbers"

Post Your Comment
3/9/18 @ 10:09 AM
fishfillet
fishfillet
USER since 1/8/13

Why do we need tags?   Tags don't stop poachers.

Post Your Comment
3/8/18 @ 10:15 AM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

Probably not...but given the tremendous controversy and emotion associated with deer management and populations in this state, it seems that accurate, verifiable harvest numbers are not too much to ask for.

Wisconsin hunters neither asked for nor fully supported tagless registration. This was another Joel Kleefisch "brainstorm".

Post Your Comment
3/8/18 @ 8:16 AM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Oh no , the horror  !!! Next you'll want those demonic back tags also  !!!

Edited on 3/8/18 8:17 AM
Post Your Comment