Canada Spring Bear Hunt

12/2/15 @ 8:17 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Inukshuk
Inukshuk
USER since 10/29/09
It is looking very likely that there will be a spring bear hunt in Ontario for 2016. After years of no spring bear hunts and very little fall bear hunting pressure, there will be some great opportunities to be had. I have 3 close friends in Ontario who I would strongly recommend if the hunt becomes reality and if you are interested. It all depends on what type of adventure you are looking for. It should be a very unique opportunity. Kind of like hunting an area that hasn't been hunted in a long time with no competition. You'll never see that in in Wisconsin. These guys are not big commercial operations. An easy drive from Wisconsin. No need to go for a full week if you prefer not to. I regularly make "long weekend" trips going up Thursday night and coming home on Monday or Tuesday. Just a matter of me wanting to be there 3 or 4 days. There will be a lot of questionable operations trying to cash in on bear hunting if the season is a go. You wouldn't be disappointed with any of my contacts. Just a friend helping out a friend.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
12/18/15 @ 7:55 PM
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
There is no definite hunt planned as I write. We are an outfitter in Ontario and although there is a lot of talk, there is nothing from the government allowing us or any outfitter to hunt in 2016 yet. If something happens, most likely it will be a pilot program for 5 years and all non residents will have to hunt with outfitters as they do in the fall, and only harvest one bear per year. There has only been a limited spring hunt for 2 years in certain areas, but other than that Ontario has not had a Spring Bear hunt since 1999. So if and when this happens, it will be new to all of us and a work in progress and our hunts will be priced accordingly.

Post Your Comment
12/11/15 @ 9:06 AM
knight
knight
USER since 7/7/03
Inukshuck please send me a message. I would be very interested in discussing this with you. thanks Robb

Post Your Comment
12/3/15 @ 8:13 AM
1Iced
1Iced
USER since 5/13/10
I have some questions for ya send me a pm

Post Your Comment