bear mount back

5/1/14 @ 7:51 AM
ORIGINAL POST
adubs
adubs
USER since 12/4/06
Just got my bear mount back. Was fortunate enough to get this bear hunting with Jim Leahy from hayward area guide service and had Dave Fox (fox taxidermy out of rice lake) do the mount for me. Couldn't be happier with the bear and the mount! Thanks to both Jim and Dave for helping make the 8 years of waiting turn into memories that will last a lifetime!! Big Smile adubs
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
5/3/14 @ 8:16 AM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
USER since 7/15/05
Great looking mount adubs! I love the panting mouth set on that bear. That is one nice looking sow!

Post Your Comment
5/2/14 @ 5:13 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Very nice mount. It's helpful to those who are first time bear hunters to get an idea of size/weight in seeing a full mount.

Congrats!

Tim

Post Your Comment
5/2/14 @ 10:57 AM
adubs
adubs
USER since 12/4/06
the bear was a sow and weighed 315lbs dressed.

I thought the same thing when picking out a mount, why would I have it look like its going to attack ya when i've never in my life seen a bear look like that. My taxidermist customized the mouth on an "open mouth" form to make it look like it was just "panting"... I think it turned out great, I wanted to see the teeth and tounge but not make it where my young boys would be afraid of it. They call it "smokey" and think its great...so obviously goal achieved Big Smile

adubs

Post Your Comment
5/2/14 @ 8:41 AM
Dirty Jim
Dirty Jim
USER since 2/25/14
Nice looking mount! How much did the bear weigh?

Post Your Comment
5/2/14 @ 7:37 AM
meestalubba
meestalubba
USER since 1/5/10
i laugh every time i see a mount with teeth bared and looking all ferocious. i've seen a bear as mad as they ever get and they still don't look like that lol.

Post Your Comment
5/1/14 @ 9:43 PM
adubs
adubs
USER since 12/4/06
couple better pics...

Post Your Comment
5/1/14 @ 11:26 AM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Nice looking mount. I like that it's not done in an aggresive pose as black bears are not generally aggresive. I hunted with Jim several years ago and would again in a heart beat if I drew a tag for his area.

Post Your Comment