MORE
Big Game Hunting

Bear Guide for Zone B

5/5/15 @ 12:05 PM
INITIAL POST
hardcorewisconsin
hardcorewisconsin
User since 12/12/10
A buddy and myself drew this year and are looking at guides as neither of us have the time to drive up north and bait. We aren't against the hound hunt but both of us would rather sit over bait. Made a few phone calls but if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to post the guides name and your experience with them. Thanks
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
12/15/17 @ 9:31 AM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04

Tim,  That has always been the the common thought process. I even admit to that. Even though I look at the stats several times a year. Never looked at the numbers in that regard. In doing so found that to be wrong. Last year being dogs first. There was over 3000 more applicants than in the 2016 season. Admit I am a bit amazed by the numbers. How we all fell prey to the bar room biologist. When the numbers were right there. I just dont know!!   Added the table for quick reference.  Here is the link to the full stats. http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/documents/bearstat.pdf

12/14/17 @ 9:50 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

More hunters try to get a permit in bait 1st years.

Tim

12/14/17 @ 8:44 AM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04

You now get the point as soon as you purchase it. Check the gowild site to see your current point status after purchase. My wife had 10 , after purchase now 11.  10 is going to be iffy this year based on last years drawing. My wife took the point only this year. So there is at least one less applicant to worry about. 

Good luck in the draw!!

12/11/17 @ 7:26 PM
TBoldt
User since 10/13/04

Looking for a guide for the 2018 season in zone B if anyone wants to post or message me.  Prefer to sit on bait. Hoping to have 2 tags. Had 17 points on one application and 10 on the other so will get one for sure.  

Anyone know if you get the point before the drawing?  If so the 10 point should also get a permit.

I live a few hours away so unfortunately can't do it myself but would like to help out a few weekends for the experience for my son who will get the tag.

Thanks

5/29/15 @ 6:09 AM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04
Thanks for the kind words guys. Not perfect by any means. Just work hard, and try to do my best for all. No different than many others out there.
5/25/15 @ 4:05 PM
land man
User since 9/12/06
I will give a second recommendation for Steve White. My father and I booked him in 2012 and he did an excellent job for us. He has a HUGE string of baits to choose from and we both got bears on our first day. Mine was 262# and my dad's 316#. He also has an excellent string of hounds to get you a bear if the bait sitting doesn't work out.
5/5/15 @ 1:53 PM
Huntingguide
Huntingguide
User since 1/26/10
Steve White Whites Woods an Water 715-892-0032.Offers both Hound An Bait hunts.
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE