Bayfield County Archery 2015

9/23/15 @ 8:11 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Chris2fur
Chris2fur
USER since 3/4/06
So, the acorns are big and everywhere. Deer are really spread out in the oaks. I'm pleased to see an increase in the population. I saw a hundred deer from Delta Town Hall on Hwy H in Delta to Ino Bar on Hwy 2 which included a lot of fawns. A mild winter and large acorn crop last year along with a large acorn crop this year, things are looking pretty good! I predict that there will be several Boone & Crockett bucks taken in the county this year. Good luck to all and let's hear your reports!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 32 Posts
10/17/16 @ 9:22 AM
Wyprguy
Wyprguy
USER since 12/2/14

Nice Buck Ryan! I will be up the 1st-7th hoping to get it done!

Post Your Comment
10/9/16 @ 6:59 PM
ryan_kg
ryan_kg
USER since 1/2/08

Shot this buck Friday night in Bayfield County. The first cold snap worked out well for me!

Post Your Comment
9/29/16 @ 10:24 AM
Wyprguy
Wyprguy
USER since 12/2/14

Bow hunted the last two weekends up there. Sat am and pm and seen more in the mornings than at night. I seen numerous little bucks and does and fawns. None of the big boys are showing up yet. Going to give it a break for a few weeks and then head back up. No wolves on camera but numerous bear. Good Luck and shoot straight!

Post Your Comment
6/20/16 @ 9:13 AM
Wyprguy
Wyprguy
USER since 12/2/14

Hey guys i was up there this past weekend and dont remember the last time you were able to drive around on the back roads and constantly see deer. In the short drive around our land on the roads the deer were everywhere. Some of the locals that i talked to said that the deer numbers seem to have improved some more. Just wanted to update everybody on what i have seen so far this summer. Lots of does and fawns. Remember to SSS!!!

Post Your Comment
1/4/16 @ 3:03 PM
Chris2fur
Chris2fur
USER since 3/4/06
I was surprised to hunt over New Year's Eve weekend in Delta/Drummond/Barnes area and see areas pawed up for acorns. I mean, a lot of areas.

I hunted 2 afternoons and saw 3 doe the first day and 4 doe the second day. They were all nice and fat so they're going into the winter healthy.

I've seen trail camera pictures of bucks missing their antlers.

Looking forward to 2016!

Post Your Comment
12/1/15 @ 9:40 AM
bjt
bjt
USER since 5/31/09
Saw several small bucks and 18 does over the 9 day rifle hunt up in Bayfield County on public land. Personally I thought the numbers were up in our area which was nice to see as the last few years have been tough. The deer look healthy! Good luck to the guys that are hunting late season!

Post Your Comment
11/30/15 @ 9:09 PM
beachcomber II
beachcomber II
USER since 12/7/13
this would have been my 40 year hunting up there. too many family issues could not make it happen. will be back next year. there was no one hunting around us last year so our area should be improved as we saw a good amount of does and fawns last year. oh how I missed gods country this year.

Post Your Comment
11/30/15 @ 11:07 AM
Wyprguy
Wyprguy
USER since 12/2/14
Hey guys I gun hunted up there this year in oulu where we have 240 acres. 4 guys hunting and we passed 8 small bucks and a nice 8 that will be really good next year. we seen numerous does and fawns which was encouraging. If we were shooting every buck we could have filled up twice. But hunting up there for us is about tradition and having a good time. A buck is a bonus and with the recent past the herd needs a break. We have some good ones on camera that we are hoping make it through the winter so we can get a crack at them. I will be up for a week bow hunting in December trying to get one of the big ones and check the cams to see if anything made it through. I will be spending a lot more time up there in spring summer and fall to try and figure out the deer a little bit better. Guys I talked to up there didn't see to many but they are mostly on public land and don't put on the miles to find the deer. ADUBS Nice Looking deer. One thing we can all agree on is there is no better place to be in the woods then in God's Country I wouldn't trade hunting up there for anything

Post Your Comment
11/28/15 @ 6:35 PM
adubs
adubs
USER since 12/4/06
Yup, all public land deer. We cover a lot of land a hang A LOT of cameras to find these deer. Never seen another hunter and had no shots even remotely close.

Post Your Comment
11/28/15 @ 5:49 PM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
USER since 10/23/12
Adubs do you hunt public? Nice looking deer

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 32 Posts