Albino Deer

3/30/15 @ 2:04 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
On the way back from Appleton this morning, we noticed 5 deer in a field, and one was pure white. A few years ago we had a pie bald near us but someone thought it was cool to shoot it about 50 pounds. How often do others get to see albino deer, really cool!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts
4/27/15 @ 7:21 AM
Chris2fur
Chris2fur
USER since 3/4/06
I hadn't seen any albinos on Hwy 45 in Winchester for years and now that you guys brought this up, 3 of us in my truck saw one this weekend on the way to my cabin. It wasn't in the field. There were 4 deer in the field but the albino was about 10 yards into the woods and walking parallel with the woods.

It had a big body. Can't wait to see what it grows into.

Post Your Comment
4/22/15 @ 1:12 PM
Chris2fur
Chris2fur
USER since 3/4/06
There used to be a nice albino buck on Hwy 45 by the Winchester exit a few years back. Seen him 3 years in a row but haven't seen an albino there in years. I'll definitely start looking again as I drive by there a 50 times a year.

As for my baby... I went to check on my food plot (which looks like crap) and set up my trail cameras. When I left, a mile away from where I hunt were 3 albinos, one of which had a very large body. From last year's video, you saw that the doe had a normal colored fawn. I obviously have a very strong albino gene in my area of Jefferson County. She could've been one of the 3 I saw on Sunday.

I'll be anxious to check the camera in a few weeks.

I brushed out a new ground blind too, so I'm thinking it would be awesome to get video of her at eye level.

Stay tuned...

Chris

Edited on 4/22/15 1:13 PM
Post Your Comment
4/15/15 @ 1:46 PM
The Outdoorskid
The Outdoorskid
USER since 1/16/12
i saw those same 2 deer on highway 45 novacane... i think, lol there is a field of tall grass and a pond by the highway and they were out there on my way up north and on my way home so cool!

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 7:43 PM
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
Cool Picture, thanks!

Post Your Comment
4/11/15 @ 9:31 AM
novacane
novacane
USER since 9/22/11
I just saw 2 by the Hwy 45 and II exit this last tues night at dusk, just south of the exit. Havwe seen them there a quite a few times. Pretty neat!!!!

Post Your Comment
4/8/15 @ 8:26 AM
Chris2fur
Chris2fur
USER since 3/4/06
Thank you. It was the highlight of my season last year. I'm wondering if albino deer stick to a tighter territory or if that girl gave me a lesson. The reason I say this, is that I saw this doe about every other to every third time I went out. I think she stayed glued to the 40 acres I'm hunting.

I saw plenty of other deer. I didn't see the same bucks over and over. Nor did I see the same doe that had twin buck fawns. But I saw the albino all the time telling me she stayed resident.

There were times I could see the top of her head bedded in the swamp. I could see her walking through the woods to go to the neighbors field. Her being so visible really told me a bigger story about when deer move, how they move, etc. OR, because she's so visible, her living/moving habits may be different than normal deer. I don't know. I do know that she got bred by the 2nd largest buck on the property so we'll see what happens.

In the end, seeing her was a thrill. I've read that their eyesight is bad. She skylined me once at 10 yards, looked at me for about 5 seconds, and then began feeding again.

5 more months...

Post Your Comment
4/5/15 @ 7:38 PM
forkhorn
forkhorn
USER since 8/22/10
I got this albino buck picture after the hunting season. 3 miles north of Plain in Sauk County,

Post Your Comment
4/3/15 @ 9:49 PM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
USER since 6/8/07
There are two living in grafton! A buck and a doe

Post Your Comment
4/3/15 @ 9:48 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01
Thanks for sharing the video very nice

Post Your Comment
4/3/15 @ 3:22 PM
antler junkie
antler junkie
USER since 8/17/05
Very cool video, I seen a piebald once but no albino yet.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts