Vilas\Oneida County LMB

7/2/14 @ 8:33 AM
ORIGINAL POST
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02
I'll be in the Minocqua area for the weekend of the 4th. If anyone can suggest any good LMB lakes I'd appreciate it. I've fished the area for may years but mostly for musky. Don't need your hotspots as I rarely target LMB. Just looking to get my son and I on some decent fish for a frog bite somewhere for a morning\evening for fun. All CPR. Thanks
Edited on 7/2/14 8:50 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
7/7/14 @ 6:32 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02
Thanks guys. My son I ended up hopping a few local lakes on Saturday, along with the Minocqua chain. The frog bite was non existant, or we have noe idea what we are doing with them at least. We were both pretty disappointed. We switched to spinner baits in yellow and black. We ran back through some of the spots we frog fished and picked up a few in 2lb range. We also got a few small norts. We also hit a few spots for musky toward evening with no luck. Overall it was pretty darn slow but we had a good time together as usual.

Post Your Comment
7/3/14 @ 2:53 PM
land man
land man
USER since 9/12/06
Also, the rest of the Minocqua chain is very good. We were out there earlier this year and boated about 80. Largest was only about 16", but the lake is LOADED with them. Keep some of the smaller ones for a nice meal. It will benefit the fishery to thin the herd of 10-14" fish.

Post Your Comment
7/3/14 @ 7:49 AM
northernexsposure
northernexsposure
USER since 3/15/08
Try lake Tomahawk on the minocqua chain. So many bass they took off the minimum size for keeping them. Constant action, but most are 10"-14", bigger ones are possible. Boat traffic will be high on most lakes this weekend. Good luck

Post Your Comment