Sawyer county bass fishing

10/15/15 @ 5:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Fish4Musky
Fish4Musky
USER since 6/18/13
I love coming up to the Hayward area every year. I have a few pet lakes I like to bass fish(almost exclusively large mouth). I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on some lakes I could try for small mouth. I'm not a great deep water fisherman and want to learn more about this area also. Any pointers/tips? Maybe a body of water for some good action? I usually Muskie fish when I'm by myself or with certain people but when I have the kids we like to target bass. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also if so inclined you can pm me if you want. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
12/9/15 @ 11:07 PM
Smallmouth1
Smallmouth1
USER since 5/1/05
I have fished Big Round lake with some success. Spring offers a good shore bite both prespawn and spawn. After that they do tend to move out deep to the cribs and some of the reefs. Last year we found fish still spawning on the reefs the third week of June. It was a cold spring in '14. Wacky worms, grubs....anything green pumpkin seems to work. A few largemouth in the shallows...but mostly a smallie bite. Big fish...our biggest was a 21". The chip also offers a decent bass bite.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 4:49 PM
Fish4Musky
Fish4Musky
USER since 6/18/13
Well that went as well as I expected...0 replies. I'll just move along lol. Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Post Your Comment