SEARCH
MORE
Bass Fishing

Ned Rig question

2/10/18 @ 9:26 PM
INITIAL POST
promopete
User since 7/22/11

I know many fish the Ned on spinning gear with braided line and a flouro leader. My question - are you tying the braid and flouro directly together or are you putting in a barrel swivel of some sort?

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
4/24/18 @ 9:13 PM
Scott F
User since 6/12/10

I would suggest using the Ned rig without a leader to start then add it if you find a need. I do very well with a Ned rig using straight braid and have never found any reason to use a leader in the clear waters I fish.

4/19/18 @ 12:48 PM
dbuchmann
dbuchmann
User since 2/17/05

I fish it with braid to 8lb flouro. Last year I used a swivel and didn't like it. This year I'm using the fg knot. It's a very small profile and goes through guides well

4/19/18 @ 10:16 AM
Snorkel
Snorkel
User since 7/30/16

I tie it together with a albright knot.

Albright Knot

2/17/18 @ 5:23 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05
I would recommend using a Double Uni Knot. A barrel swivel will add weight at the connection point that will reduce or altogether eliminate the sensitivity gained by using braid/fluoro combination in the first place. It would be like adding a small sinker 3 feet from your bait. In clear water, I use 15# braid with 6# or 8# fluorocarbon (the clearer the water, the longer the leader but 3-4 feet usually suffices). In very stained or turbid water, I will use just straight 15# braid. In my experience, I get more snags and miss more bites with monofilament due to the stretch in the lighter monofilament lines. Also, you can't feel the bottom as well with a lighter Ned Rig or shaky head like you can with braid or braid/fluoro.
2/12/18 @ 11:51 AM
Fish4Musky
Fish4Musky
User since 6/18/13

Back to back uniknots works well

2/11/18 @ 10:09 PM
JAA On the Fox
JAA On the Fox
User since 6/4/11

If you choose to main-line braid to flouro you will want to use a knot to connect the leader. 

2/11/18 @ 8:03 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool
PRO MEMBER User since 4/5/08

As with any set up, the fewer knots, the better.

We use 6lb Berkley XL line from reel to eye of hook. Never been an issue. 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE