General Bass Fishin' Discussion Thread

1/15/07 @ 9:28 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Fish Boy 35
Fish Boy 35
USER since 1/14/05
Just figured i would start this tread for any one who may have questions pertaining to Bass fishing or wanted to brag or share info on bass!!
Edited on 5/1/07 8:03 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 4,347 Posts
12/11/17 @ 6:15 PM
Fish Boy 35
Fish Boy 35
USER since 1/14/05

Can't believe this thread is still around! 

Post Your Comment
4/1/16 @ 1:16 PM
skeeterbite
skeeterbite
USER since 4/12/14
New 2016 Major League Fishing Challenge Select starts sat from Youngstown,Ohio.

Post Your Comment
3/25/16 @ 2:13 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
USER since 12/22/04
my point - which I obviously made poorly, was that i think we should put more weight on field experience over science articles for the reasons you stated...fish ain't tellin us otherwise.

Post Your Comment
3/25/16 @ 8:37 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
USER since 12/22/04
skitterpop - excellent article, but one aspect ignored is how the bass "brain" would interpret the colors. The physiology of the eye is only part of the equation.

One thing I have absolutely never understood about lure manufacturers is that the absolute most popular soft plastic color is green pumpkin, but you cannot buy nearly any hard bait lures in this color. When someone does make one, it always seems to be first to be discontinued. Maybe people dont buy them because they catch fish, but not fishermen.

Post Your Comment
3/24/16 @ 6:32 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
Green pumpkin and black/blue, the only 2 colors ive needed! I do like sexy shad cranks though! That color just seems to be always good.

Post Your Comment
3/24/16 @ 3:57 PM
skeeterbite
skeeterbite
USER since 4/12/14
Interesting read there Skitter Pop. I remember some of those facts on how the colors on the chart change as the depth increases. Answers why blue/black are good choice in stained and deeper water. But i will try more reds, oranges, yellows and green in shallower stained waters this season and see how they do. I've also used uv tightlines plastics, not alot. But their part of my equipment. Again i'm a sucker for plastics.

Post Your Comment
3/23/16 @ 10:33 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
USER since 12/22/04
Read a article in march bassmasters on the color green,"50 shades of green". In green colored water all colors are absorbed and green reflects. Meaning you would use green in green water. So i would think that would work the same way in other colored waters, like more brown colored, right ? Usally i always throw a black bait thinking it was a contrast to the surronding water and done well. Any thoughts, thnx

I don't think there is a lot of science behind that article. At a fundamental level it is a poor assumption that bass interpret color the same way humans do. I agree with you that field experience should be heavily weighted.

Post Your Comment
3/22/16 @ 8:59 PM
skeeterbite
skeeterbite
USER since 4/12/14
MLF championship this saturday, cant wait.

Post Your Comment
3/11/16 @ 2:14 PM
skeeterbite
skeeterbite
USER since 4/12/14
Read a article in march bassmasters on the color green,"50 shades of green". In green colored water all colors are absorbed and green reflects. Meaning you would use green in green water. So i would think that would work the same way in other colored waters, like more brown colored, right ? Usally i always throw a black bait thinking it was a contrast to the surronding water and done well. Any thoughts, thnx.

Post Your Comment
3/10/16 @ 3:32 AM
skeeterbite
skeeterbite
USER since 4/12/14
Biggy8, i only got to watch the summit cup series and didnt seem him fishn. Didnt get to see any of the summit select series. I did check the standings for the select series and didnt see his name. Maybe he sat this season out. Looking forward too Summit Cup Sudden Death Round 2 this sat. Anyone watchn MLF All Angles on WFN ch ? Its extras n interviews with some of the anglers. Used the zoom brush hog last year flipping, like it, did well with them. Gonna try some new stuff this year with swimbaits.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 4,347 Posts