College bass fishing tournament (lake dubay)

6/1/15 @ 11:50 AM
ORIGINAL POST
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
What do you guys think the results are going to be? I personally think it's going to be a grind and teams will be lucky to come in with 15 bass over three days. I know allot of teams are going to focus on smallies.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
7/15/15 @ 8:39 AM
TeamG
TeamG
USER since 4/28/08
Score one for the north woods. With the weather we had come in on the lake I was afraid the fish would shut off. I heard on a local news station that DuBay might see more tournaments after the large exposure from the national championship.

Post Your Comment
7/14/15 @ 5:12 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Trevor Lo from University of Minnesota realized he needed to fish deep current breaks. He found consistent action and won the classic challenge by 4 lbs.

Post Your Comment
7/10/15 @ 6:00 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Right. Found out today at the weigh in that the limit was 3. Nobody seems to be looking for smallmouth deep. Everyone pounding shore and shallow structure. Buddies catch big smallmouth trolling river channel with cranks for eyes. Hard for the guys to adapt to new and unusual water in such a short time.

Post Your Comment
7/10/15 @ 1:44 PM
Brody McWilliams
BMac_Fishing
USER since 5/7/15
The limit is only 3 bass per team due to Wisconsins laws effecting the 4 teams of 1 angler. They did this to be fair to the 1 angler teams. I personally think it will take about 6.5 lbs a day to make the top 5 for the fish off for the Classic. interested to see how it pans out though. Good luck to several of my friends fishing it, Lucas Brown, Cade Laufenburg, and more.

Fish Indy Guide and Electronics Service
(317) 750-1580
Post Your Comment
7/10/15 @ 8:07 AM
TeamG
TeamG
USER since 4/28/08
I talked to one of the teams yesterday as they fished in front of my house. They are tied for tenth on the first day. There are big smallies in Dubay yet I didn't hear of anyone really going after them. The teams I watched were pitching jigs in wood. There are very little weeds in the lake so rocks and wood are a focus point along with creek mouths and sloughs off of channels. There is a front coming in for Saturday so fishing might pick up. We have more luck with crank baits for smallies or smaller bright colored spinners since the water is very stained. I wish good luck to all the teams.

Post Your Comment
7/9/15 @ 8:38 PM
.Pan Handler.
.Pan Handler.
USER since 5/8/08
The limit is only 3 fish right now, so a lot of teams still limited, just small fish.

Post Your Comment
7/9/15 @ 6:25 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Tough fishing for them today. Most number of fish kept was 3. Can't believe they can't find decent smallmouth. Wonder if anyone wentry up near mosinee dam and fished the rocks way up river. Around here we say behind every rock in the Wisconsin is a smallmouth.

Post Your Comment