trailer for 2 ATVs

10/27/15 @ 10:55 AM
ORIGINAL POST
land man
land man
USER since 9/12/06
I have 2 4wheelers and would like to haul them both at the same time. I have an older trailer that fits one, but not both. What type of trailer should I get?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
1/27/16 @ 5:51 PM
Terrific_tom
Terrific_tom
USER since 6/9/08
I have a 5' x 14' trailer made by Behnke Enterprise.. The trailer with 2 ATV's pull great behind my truck. The trailer I have has a 3500 rated axle comes with 15 inch radial tires, it has powder coat paint, all wire is enclosed with sealed beam lights. It also comes with a split tailgate so it is easier to lift. Here is a link to the trailer I have:

http://www.behnkeenterprises.com/utphoto7.htm

Post Your Comment
1/26/16 @ 5:54 PM
Tyler_91
Tyler_91
USER since 1/1/06
Snowmobile trailer no doubt $600ish used. Throw some sides on it and you will have the best trailer you could ask for. Ive used it for everything from hauling wheelers to starting a landscape business. At 8x10 and 2200lb axle you can hold ALOT!!! EDIT: To add about the small tires. I have used mine for going on 6 years now nearly daily in the summer and have never had an issue with bearing failure and I was overloading (to the point the deck hits the tires) it regularly. Not to say that's good but as far as durability its excellent. Ive never even looked at the bearings. A few times a year i pump a half a tube of hi temp grease into each hubs easylubes and im off. I have however went through a few tires.

Post Your Comment
10/30/15 @ 10:50 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
USER since 3/20/02
I can put my ATV on my brother's double snowmobile trailer with his sled so it works but Bic Mac makes good points if you are starting fresh.

Post Your Comment
10/30/15 @ 10:44 AM
big mac
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02
Landman, I would have several issues with a snowmobile trailer. 1) It's a single purpose trailer(can't really haul anything but machines). 2) I see way to many pulled over with flat tires, with those small tires (compared to utility trailers). 3) I just don't like to haul anything without sides or back gate.( secured load). Best of luck. Big Mac

Post Your Comment
10/30/15 @ 9:54 AM
land man
land man
USER since 9/12/06
Thanks for the info guys.

Somebody told me to try a double snowmobile trailer. Does this work too?

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 8:51 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
I too have a 5x14, will carry two wheelers nicely with as the other guy stated, wiggle room. I have hauled 3 wheelers on this trailer, but the 3rd wheeler was my kids 90 cc that I can put sideways in the mix. One time, I drove the kids 90 up onto my trailer, and ran two planks from the trailer to the box of my truck, and drove the kids 90 right into my truck. My wife did not think it was as funny as I did. I too like how this trailer rides in the wheel base of my truck. The one drawback about that though is I want a Polaris Ranger, and have contemplated tracks. The Ranger is a tight fit on a 5' trailer, and a no fit with tracks. So maybe I need a 6x14, but with a Ranger you are not getting a quade behind it, so maybe I need a 6x16.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 8:54 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER since 7/17/09
I have a open Sure-trac 5x14 steel with a ramp gate. I can fit two full size quads with a little wiggle room. I really like the inline style with the trailer tucked behind the wheelbase of the tow vehicle (tundra). I addition, with the ramp folded down inside the trailer during the long tows, i see next to nothing for drag. I typically will load machine #1 with the ramp gate. Load #2 with a pair of loose ramps and park on top on the folded ramp. One would say just loose the ramp gate but it does come in handy for other hauling scenarios.

I tried an Alum once, didn't care for it. Little squirrely being so light and didn't care for all the rattling noise.

Post Your Comment
10/27/15 @ 1:51 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
I love my Aluma. I got the "Heavy" Option. That gives you a beefed up axle if you want to haul wood etc. Very light when empty. I also got the 14 inch wheels.Got sick of my trailers rusting away. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
10/27/15 @ 1:41 PM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02
I have a 5x8 Aluma trailer which is very nice but a little pricey. They come with a 5 year warranty.

Post Your Comment