INITIAL POST
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Does anyone  own one ? Thoughts  ? 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
3/4/19 @ 11:22 AM
mike liermann
User since 10/28/12

Went fishing on 2 different lakes on 2/28 not much happening on the first lake but the second lake had some fun chasing tipups.Small mouth and Northerns were hungry.All fish returned to the water.No place we couldn't go slush or deep snow.Fun day on the Ice

2/1/19 @ 9:10 PM
mike liermann
User since 10/28/12

Easier starting in the cold then units that have a carburetor.No chokes to mess with.EFI is just more  efficient all the way around. 

1/31/19 @ 3:10 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

mike, help me understand the statement you made below:  easier starting even in cold weather

Easier starting than what?  Are you comparing to quads or UTV's?  My quad starts with the push of a button and did so yesterday when it was -25.  How does it get easier than that?

1/15/19 @ 10:19 PM
mike liermann
User since 10/28/12

Argo has some great financing going on right now with qualified credit from 1.99% to 6.99%.I ran out of 2016s/and 2017s.But I have some leftover 2018s at blow out price,s.

1/9/19 @ 8:13 PM
mike liermann
User since 10/28/12
Yes they can be used on the ice.I called the dnr and was told the only time you need to register a argo is if you go buoyant on a public waterway open water then it would have to be registered as a boat.This I was told does not apply to frozen water ways.I use mine all the time for icefishing.I have been 4 miles out and broke through the ice and with the beaver dam tracks I crawled right back up on the ice and proceeded out to fish.I was told that u cannot use a 8x8 on Mendota but u can use a 6x6 don't know if that is true or not u need to check the local town ordinance.They are not legal for trail riding in wis.
1/9/19 @ 9:55 AM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I think it would be great for Madison lakes . Already floats , which Madison requires  .

1/9/19 @ 6:15 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

Can the Argo be used on the ice for fishing? I know that it doesn’t classify as a ATV, so no trail pass. I can’t get a difinitive answer from anyone.

1/6/19 @ 5:50 PM
mike liermann
User since 10/28/12

No different then a atv/or a snowmobile/or a mud truck in the hands of somebody that doesn,t follow the rules other wise a very handy tool like any other!!!

1/6/19 @ 3:45 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

What they can do to tear up marsh and wetlands is a very sad sight to see...

1/6/19 @ 12:04 PM
mike liermann
User since 10/28/12

There has to be some Argo or future Argo owners out there that have some questions about being amphibious or being able to get to the most extreme swamps to retrieve deer no matter where they fall with the right set of tracks.I had a young couple that came in the other day.They didn,t have a clue about Argo,s or what they were capable of.After a couple of hours and test driving several model,s they bought a Avenger which is a 8x8 STR liquid cooled 30 hp EFI equipped with a Kohler engine with the admiral transmission and a set of beaver dam Hybrid tracks.Please feel free to message me if you have any questions.Thanks Mike

12/20/18 @ 11:15 PM
mike liermann
User since 10/28/12

Just wanted to bring this back up.Wondering if anybody had any questions that I could answer.They are not for everybody but are great machines for ice fishing as they will float if you break through.They will get you places on your property that no other atv's or utv's even with tracks can.Fuel injection for more torque and power and fuel economy to easier starting even in cold weather.Fan cooled to liquid cooling.You can find deals from 9500 for a leftover entry level model up 30.000 for all the bells and whistles.Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.Please look under the business section and check out Prairie Sports and Argo.Thanks

12/2/16 @ 11:09 PM
fish  daddy  fish
fish daddy fish
User since 9/20/10

Pros: Amphibious, can virtualy tread over all terrain and obstacles (downed trees)  also models can be multi passenger. Nothing more fun or cooler to go "wheeling" in .

Cons: Far louder than an atv or atc, not allowed on any atv trails whether it be state, county, etc. Must register as a boat in order to be on ice, can get stuck easily in deep snow with out tracks, as goes for deep mud if not enough water will make it bouyant enough....far heavier than normal atv's so when stuck it can be far more involved.  

12/1/16 @ 10:15 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Pros and cons  ?

12/1/16 @ 9:14 PM
fish  daddy  fish
fish daddy fish
User since 9/20/10

I am down to one after having three at one time. Mine are/were for more nostalgic reasons, early 70's models. However the 2 main brands that are around definitely have thier pros and cons. I could not see having one unless one had acreage available to them due to restrictions they have on them. IMO

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE