Youth Bow

10/13/14 @ 8:13 PM
ORIGINAL POST
madmerle
madmerle
USER since 7/20/01
I looked over the forum search and could not find a link to youth bows some am starting one! Simply, my 9 year old daughter has outgrown her starter Bear bow (which is great for beginners but woefully inaccurate). I think her next bow must not only be an upgrade but should be one she can shoot for years to come. Lots on the market...any suggestions!? Remember she is strong but only 9 years old so she is unable to step into a "womens" set up right now. I see prices from 45.00-350.00 so there is quite a price disparity! Thanks again!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
10/15/14 @ 7:37 AM
buckrubtaxidermy
buckrubtaxidermy
USER since 10/19/10
NOT in a million years would I go to a standard gander or cabelas to get a youth bow, I would go to an archery shop where the employees or owners will spend the time teaching my kid proper technique. With that being said if you can make it to BUCKS N BULLS in Stevens Point you will not be disappointed. Gary and the crew specialize in helping kids out and honing this life long skill that can get messed up at an early age by improper practice and technique. He has a wide selection of bows for kids to choose from.

Post Your Comment
10/15/14 @ 5:08 AM
zeplure
zeplure
MEMBER since 2/11/02
I just purchased a Mission Riot for my 11 year old Daughter and another one for my wife. Draw weights from 15 to 65 and a wide draw length. Comes with a "package" site, whisker bisquit, quiver. All in with hard case, release and arrows it was some where around $650.00 for each set up. BK3 set them up and they love them and won't need to upgrade for a long time.

Post Your Comment
10/15/14 @ 4:29 AM
B Fish
B Fish
USER since 6/26/10
We also got my son a Diamond Infinite Edge. The draw length is very adjustable and draw weight goes from 15 to 70 pounds. It comes with (the rest, sight, quiver) so it is ready to go. It cost about $350 and Cabelas, Gander and most archery shops carry them. We upgraded the rest to a drop away. My son is shooting 49 pounds now and is dead on at 25 yds. He actually killed a buck this year with it. I will admitt I don't know much about what is out there but this bow has worked well for him and I would expect he will keep it another 6 or 7 years.

Post Your Comment
10/14/14 @ 4:26 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
The new Bear Cruzer is what you're looking for. This is a full size bow with extreme adjustments so you really won't ever have to buy anything else. It is adjustable from 5-70lbs and from 12"-30". Starting price is $400 for a full set up. The Bear Apprentice isn't quite as adjustable, but it is much smaller so it might work out a little better. Bear and Trophy Ridge have the best customer service in the business, so thats why I recommend them.

I've also heard really good things about the Diamond Infinite Edge which is made by Bowtech.

Post Your Comment
10/14/14 @ 12:31 PM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
USER since 10/23/12
Diamond infinite edge. Got one for stepson a couple of years ago. Comes as a package deal....you can always upgrade accessories if you need.

Post Your Comment
10/14/14 @ 6:50 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02
Lots of good offerings out there and they will all do the job. If you are looking at a bow she can shoot for years to come I would suggest that look at the higher end models. If you decide this will be a next step bow then go with something more economical. There is a strong market for used youth bows so selling either when the time comes shouldn't be a problem. I can only speak to one manufacturer from experience. I bought my son a Mission maniac(no longer made) and he shot that bow for 5 years and took his first deer with it. Offerings from mission are going to be in the upper end of your price range but are good quality and highly adjustable.

Let her shoot a few and see what she likes.

Good Luck

Post Your Comment