wags deer sents

10/29/15 @ 8:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
gotacarp
gotacarp
USER since 2/2/10
Just bought some wags wondering if anyone has had Google success with wags let's see ur pics and hear you storys
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
11/2/15 @ 11:31 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER since 10/25/07
Here are a couple good public land bucks checking out a Wag's scrape.

Post Your Comment
10/30/15 @ 11:54 AM
Cory2
Cory2
USER since 7/16/10
I missed my biggest buck seen on hoof last year oct 31. I came in with a store bought scent drag and that guy was chasing a doe and circled back on my trail. May be the time of year could be the wags? Maybe next year I will try some.

Post Your Comment
10/30/15 @ 11:48 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER since 10/25/07
Shot him Oct. 31 of last year. One year from tomorrow. The classic Halloween hunt. I will not use any scents like Tinks or the other stuff you can get from the sporting goods shops. Those scents have scared every mature buck thats smelled them from my experience.

Post Your Comment
10/30/15 @ 10:10 AM
Cory2
Cory2
USER since 7/16/10
What was the date? Trying to determine if it was the wags or the time if year? I think most scents work at some point. Great deer and awesome story.

Post Your Comment
10/30/15 @ 9:42 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER since 10/25/07
Bought Wags for the first time last year. Used their estrus scent and hung two scent wicks, one to the west of my stand and one to the east about 30 yards out in hopes that with the north wind that night, anything that came downwind would hit the wags scent before mine and follow it in. About 30 minutes before dark, I heard leaves flying about 70 yards south of me. The buck I had been after for the past 4 seasons opened two scrapes downwind of my stand and was starting to work east into my scent stream. I gave him two grunts and he turned to look straight upwind in my direction. Luckily there was plenty of pine trees and ground cover so he could not see where the grunt came from and he became interested. He started circling downwind of me to investigate the grunt when I saw him hit the estrous scent to my west. He lip curled and started walking straight north into the wags scent line. At 27 yards he veered to the east and gave me a slight quartering to shot and I slocked him. Not saying that the Wags brought him in, but it certainly drew him closer and helped get me a shot. Nothing works 100% of the time but I'll tell you that I bought two bottles this year Wink

Nicolet National Forest

Post Your Comment