Two finger hinge releases

1/12/15 @ 10:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
stillhunter
stillhunter
USER since 8/11/01
I shoot indoor leagues and 5 spot tournaments with my back tension .I will not hunt with one but I sure love it for target. It must be hard with a bad ring finger for I use my ring finger to apply pressure while applying back tension. I use tru balls for they sponsor me for target. The carters are really nice also.Another thing you can try is get your self a really nice thumb release and set it really light if you wrap your thumb around the trigger at ancor and go thru the back tension motions it will fire just like a hinge, your thumb nerves will apply during back tension. That's how I taught myself to use a hinge. If you have any other questions I would gladly help the best I can Im not as good as half these guys on here but will gladly add my imput good luck Philip
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
2/6/15 @ 4:29 PM
rePLOW
rePLOW
USER since 4/26/13
I actually did the same thing when I was working on converting to BT during leagues. Near the end of the season I started using the hinge for leagues and my scores dropped a bit but I knew it was because j was struggling with my hover and my routine. Now I can put the bow away for a couple months and get right back to punching 12s. I even hunt with mine which is odd to a lot of shooters but it works for me. Best advice I got was from Bob down at BKIII. 2 hour drive but he corrected my mistakes and really helped a ton.

Post Your Comment
2/6/15 @ 1:15 AM
rePLOW
rePLOW
USER since 4/26/13
Been shooting a brass Scott Longhorn for a few years now. I liked the contour of the fingers since they seem to sweep back more vs a carter that's more flat. Just a comfort thing from person to person. Biggest thing when learning to shoot with BT is consistency. Blank bale until you can't take another shot and then put your sight in and gradually work on shooting a little further each week. Really focus on your form and they to spot bad habits. Mine biggest struggle to this day is getting excited and pulling the shot rather than squeezing till it breaks. When I pull the release and force the shot I got way left. Its easy to spot. Commit to an anchor and just pound the bale for a month. You'll get it

Post Your Comment