Trail Camera Pictures

10/2/06 @ 1:27 PM
ORIGINAL POST
pikestriker
pikestriker
USER since 2/16/06
Lets see 'em put the all the bruisers and other bucks on here.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,816 Posts
9/19/17 @ 1:22 PM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
USER since 7/15/05

Here are 2 you can shoot.  One is faster than the other.

Post Your Comment
9/17/17 @ 5:40 PM
Duckmusky
Duckmusky
USER since 12/31/11

Thanks for wrecking this thread of pictures with useless bickering!

Post Your Comment
9/15/17 @ 9:26 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER since 5/11/03

Sorry but just asking how do you shoot two bucks a year with a bow? Is that a CWD area or something I'm just not familiar with, thanks.

Post Your Comment
9/15/17 @ 6:08 PM
theimer
theimer
USER since 12/11/05

It's illegal in Wisconsin to shoot two bucks with a bow and one with a gun. 

The affect of the one buck per year I believe would be minimal increase  for trophy animals. Plus why wouldn't the baseline for a trophy buck just go up when more bigger bucks are around. What people call trophy buck is usually above average buck. So if the average goes up won't a trophy buck just be bigger and nothing would really change in perspective of hunters minds.

Post Your Comment
9/15/17 @ 3:12 PM
BagoBoy320
BagoBoy320
USER since 11/4/10

Probably should do some research before saying change needs to be made. Like what percentage of hunters harvest two bucks a year. I think you would be suprised by the amount of guys that buy a bow and gun tag and lucky enough to tag out 1. Why take away gun hunting for a guy who was lucky enough to get one with his bow. Also what percentage of the guys who tag 2 bucks are hunting private land vs public. One thing is true with your statements permit revenues would go down.

I have this 9 or 10 basket showing up every other day and a spike on public MFL. Now we just need some cooler weather.

Post Your Comment
9/15/17 @ 11:04 AM
wallstreet
wallstreet
USER since 9/10/15

Looks like CJ-22 will be glad he has 2 buck tags this year. Great pics man. Good luck. I hope you manage to get them both. Keep the pics coming.

Post Your Comment
9/15/17 @ 10:03 AM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14

Party hunting and a 1 buck state will NEVER happen in WI.  people will whine,  just like a baiting ban and EAB and all the other things that WI tries to do.  It all comes down to the almighty dollar.  Any potential loss in revenues the state throws in the towel and makes rash decisions to save a hunter or two.  it's always been that way and always will.  What about trying something new,  maybe try listening to the bow hunters voice?  Only voices that are listened to is the guns because those tags are where the money is at.  Those licenses also need to be treated with white gloves because a good percentage of those licenses are sold to folks that really aren't passionate about hunting.  they think about hunting a week prior,  get out the orange to hang on the line and that's the extent of it.  It's the truth.  If we would stop worrying about the guys that hunting doesn't mean that much to,  we would be better off when it comes to managing what's best.  Whiners will always be whiners,  "Take my bait and i'm going to quit".  GOOD,  quit!  I hear loud and clear what everyone says about hunters sticking together,  but I don't want you on my team if you aren't "all in".

I mean dang,  WI puts enough darn seasons out there to get meat.  Holiday hunts,  youth hunts,  now you can use a Xbow legally....if you want meat so bad,  you have PLENTY of opportunities to hunt and get that meat you need.

Edited on 9/15/17 10:07 AM
Post Your Comment
9/15/17 @ 9:47 AM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01

Theimer  - the concept of one buck per hunter would be if a person only shoots one buck, he or she will more than likely hold out a bit more for a good one. 

There is one particular hunter that he will shoot 1-3 bucks per year, all the time.  He will take the nice 2.5 year old early bow, a nice buck in gun, and then the one in late bow season. 

I would also be big on not allowing party hunting.  It only creates problems and filling other people's tag.  Now that we all get 2 tags per license in the ag zones, why would you need to fill someone else's tag anyway.  Even up north, look at the number of people who complain that dad shot a doe to put on Jr. youth tag.  May or may not happen, but people certainly complain about it. 

Post Your Comment
9/15/17 @ 9:08 AM
IceFishBaby
IceFishBaby
USER since 11/26/01

Minnesota has no party hunting for bucks (in the antler point restriction area) and only one buck per year-not one per weapon.  

Have one on camera still with velvet.  Will try and post picture later.

Post Your Comment
9/15/17 @ 8:59 AM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14

Yes Yes Yes.   Party hunting is BS too.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,816 Posts