MORE
Archery

trail camera corrupt file

9/25/18 @ 10:34 PM
INITIAL POST
earlyretirement
earlyretirement
User since 3/2/13

So I have had a huge problem this year with corrupt video files.  I am using crap wild game trail cameras and simmons .... but on public land, i expect some to get stolen so cheap crap it is...   That being said they worked fine the first couple years.  90% of my video files have been corrupt and won't play at all.  Nothing like having 100 vids on a newly scouted property that your looking forward to check out and then you can't see anything.  Its like getting a christmas present and being told you can't open it.

Pictures seem to work, so I have switched most cameras to that mode.  I have tried the online recovery programs, but they don't work.  I reformatted the disks and kept track of the ones I thought were bad only to continue to find new bad ones.      Any ideas???   Anyone else had this problem??    I broke down and bought new sd cards to try. 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
9/27/18 @ 9:48 AM
earlyretirement
earlyretirement
User since 3/2/13

thanks for the replies .  I will be more diligent on reformatting. 

9/26/18 @ 11:54 AM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
User since 1/22/15

Like previous mention. Format card every time 

9/26/18 @ 6:38 AM
Grizz3006
User since 7/13/16

You need to format your cards on a computer, Once you do this it will wipe any old info or formats that may have saved on the cards. If you are running 2 different types of cameras do this and it will help with pictures and video 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE