Self Filmed Hunts

10/2/12 @ 9:52 AM
ORIGINAL POST
browning3
browning3
USER since 5/23/02
I searched but couldn't find any older threads dedicated to self filmed hunts. So this is where we can share videos of our hunts.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 84 Posts
3/4/15 @ 9:07 AM
SHED-FRENZY
SHED-FRENZY
USER since 12/31/10
Teen, for some reason I'm having trouble getting messages to you through private messenger. Anyway I hate to clog the thread but could you give me a little input on the Sony-cx260v hd for outdoor filming in general, not necessarily all self filmed hunts. A friend is selling one for $150. Thanks in advance.

Post Your Comment
2/23/15 @ 8:46 AM
SHED-FRENZY
SHED-FRENZY
USER since 12/31/10
Thanks for the tips.

Post Your Comment
2/22/15 @ 9:28 PM
teenangler15
teenangler15
USER since 7/15/04
The Vixia HF R50, and similar cameras in that lineup, are good starter cameras. On the upside, image quality will be good in good light, zoom range is great, camera is lightweight, it has a mic port, and has basic manual controls. Its main limitations are having to adjust the manual controls through a touchscreen and having a small sensor that won't capture the greatest low light footage. I know a few people that have gotten them for hunting.

Post Your Comment
2/22/15 @ 9:01 PM
SHED-FRENZY
SHED-FRENZY
USER since 12/31/10
Teenangler, could you give a thumbs up or down on the Canon VIXIA HF R50. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post Your Comment
11/4/14 @ 2:43 PM
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
USER since 1/4/13
Heres my new video on my hunting of the month of October. A lot of pretty cool footage over my Horny Buckseed Food plot. They really love this stuff. heres the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUxo-LuFuKY

Post Your Comment
10/14/14 @ 10:22 AM
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
USER since 1/4/13
Big Brookie,

My video was filmed with the canon vixia hr500. I got the a big package for around 450. but this came with a lot of extra stuff. if you bought just the normal camera package I think it is somewhere arouch 300 ish. I love the camera. fairly simple to use. really good zoom range. and excellent quality. the youtube video doesn't do the camera justice. I am not sure why but I lost a lot of quality on the youtube upload. it looks a lot better on my computer in the video editing software. but I think its the best bang for your buck camera.

Post Your Comment
10/13/14 @ 9:00 AM
bigbrookie
bigbrookie
USER since 4/8/03
Please excuse if this is somewhere else deep in the thread.

I am looking to purchase a handheld camcorder for the use of self filming hunts without dropping a fortune. I'm looking for your thoughts and opinions on camera options for under $300. Besides low light, what are some other features I should consider. I realize that price range has its limitations, but I'm not trying to be the next Drury Outdoors cast member. I want the best I can get for the money so I can tinker with editing and putting footage together. I have a go pro I use for wide angle mounted above me in stand and or on the ground for point of impact shots. I also have a stabilizer mount for cell phone on bow. I currently am using an old digital camera on my oak sturdy semi pro camera arm.

Thanks for any thoughts or input.

Edited on 10/13/14 9:01 AM
Post Your Comment
10/9/14 @ 8:09 PM
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
USER since 1/4/13
Here's another video I put together! Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7O5RPMi3Ko

Post Your Comment
10/9/14 @ 10:26 AM
Bowhunter3196
Bowhunter3196
USER since 9/15/13
hey whack boy i miss you. nice job bro

Post Your Comment
10/9/14 @ 10:20 AM
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
USER since 1/4/13
Lol that's my buddy Aaron. He really needs to take those things out when he's hunting.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 84 Posts