Saftey harness

10/15/15 @ 12:11 PM
ORIGINAL POST
AsIaN_gUy
AsIaN_gUy
USER since 1/27/04
Thinking about buying a new saftey harness for bow hunting. I currently have an older hunter saftey seat belt buckle type. Looking for somthing lighter and quieter while sitting and stand. My current harness rubs my stand on the back side and the side buckles get caught on my stand sometimes Making to much noise. What's everyone using or what do you guys recommend for comfort, light and quietest?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
10/15/15 @ 2:01 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
I have a Hunter Safety System X-1 Bowhunters harness. I put all of my hunting clothes on when I bought the harness and adjusted it right away. I carry it in my pack to my stand and it takes 20 seconds to put the harness on when I get there and another 20 seconds to set up the tree strap. I wear it under my jacket as my jacket is designed with a hole for safety straps to go through. I honestly can't even tell I have the harness on while sitting in the stand. I don't have experience with any other harnesses because I truthfully never used to wear one. There might be nicer one's out there, but this one leaves me no reason to look for another.

Post Your Comment
10/15/15 @ 1:00 PM
doohop65
doohop65
USER since 2/23/10
I would recommend taking a ride to a sporting good store. I like the least restrictive quick buckle harness that fits well. I promised my wife when we had kids I would always wear one so I had to get something I know would be easy and quick. Here is a link to one I wear but again I would go try some on and see what you like.

Make sure you decide if/ how you will wear it. My is adjustable enough to wear under or over my clothes it had cloth over metal parts to keep the noise down and I have never had any issues with clanking. If you are cheap and live in the fix valley I have several that come with stands you can have. Need an hour to put the damn thing on though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004V8ZNHM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1444935294&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=hunting+harness&dpPl=1&dpID=41GSrIcb0hL&ref=plSrch

Post Your Comment
10/15/15 @ 12:39 PM
prusta81
prusta81
USER since 1/19/09
I upgraded my safety harness last year and after doing a ton of research it was clear that a rock climbing harness style was the way to go. I went with the Black Diamond Vario Speed harness. At first I was very skeptical to try rock climbing harness, like I am sure you are as well but there is know way I will ever go back to a standard hunting harness. If you're still skeptical, search the web and specifically Archery Talk, there is a ton of information on using this style of harness for hunting purposes.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Diamond-Vario-Speed-Harness/dp/B000FJNBGG

Post Your Comment